“Great dinner”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went after work at around 6pm. Already quite busy. Great welcome from staff and great choice of curries…not just your standard run-of-the-mill usual suspects. We had the curries recommended by the staff - excellent choices. Authentic South Indian. Definitely will return.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Visited Rishi's for the first time after a lot of friends raved about it.
Decor is a bit tacky but service very good. The waiter was very friendly and helpful and knew his stuff. Food was absolutely fantastic. Authentic masala dosa, kids loved it as well. The lamb was delicious and truly South Indian. We were also surprised at the low cost of the meal (made for a generous tip !).
Undoubtedly the best place in Glasgow for South Indian food.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Between your average "Ruby Murray" and a good Indian curry.
A warm welcome followed by finely produced "simple" food.
I had one of the Tiffen trays Poori Masala and a mixed Tandoori with Palaak Paneer.
The chicken in the Tandoori was freshly cooked to perfection.

If you want to move away from the standard fare, I cannot recommend this restaurant more highly as the place to go!

1  Thank ColiniNorfolkUK
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Recently 'phoned to make a booking for a voucher meal. Called in two days later to find they had no record of it. Whilst there I chose a table and was told it would be reserved for the four of us. Arrived early two days later to find, would you believe, it had just been occupied. and that had been done by the same head waiter who had taken my reservation!
Food was tasty although not a lot of meat in the curries. Table service was good, but not good enough to overcome the earlier cock-ups. So goodbye Rishi.

1  Thank Foodfile
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Dealing with a mixed group of 15 Vegans and Vegetarians is never going to be easy but the service at Rishi's Glasgow's was beyond exceptional. Our waiter (with great humour and patience) went through every single item on the menu, advising us whether it was vegan or vegetarian or if they could alter it to be one or the other. I've never seen such accommodating service even in a Vegetarian restaurant! He then took our multiple course orders with all the complications you can imagine we had, without writing anything down - and everything was served correctly. As a feat of memory alone, it was one of the best things I've ever seen! :-)

Other reviewers have mentioned the portion sizes and I agree that they are beyond generous. I had to share my meal out, because it was at least 3 times larger than I needed it to be. And all this for a ridiculously low price. This was my first visit to Rishi's but it certainly won't be my last!

2  Thank TraceyKing