“Falling apart”

Rishi's Indian Aroma
Ranked #427 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Falling apart”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This was my 3rd visit to this restaurant. I liked it a lot. Left a trip advisor comment too. But our 2nd n 3rd experiences were not that grt. One thing for sure, its good only n only for southindian food. But the food quality and the service levels are going downwards. The dosas at our last visit werent that great. Potato stuffing was lacy. Sambhar was cold and wasnt even sufficient to go for helping with dosa. Staff was too busy particularly on just 1 table in whole restaurant. Perhaps any spl guest.
I dont really ever leave any negative comments for any place. Tries to always appreciate the businesses. But guys, this place is perhaps too highly rated.

4 Thank vivek b
RishiIndianAroma, Manager at Rishi's Indian Aroma, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Sir,

I am really sorry that you felt that way. To us at Rishi's everyone is a special guest and everyone is important.

Sorry again but if there is anything that I could do please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for the comment and the support.

• Polish first
“The best Indian restaurant in Glasgow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We tried several Indian restaurants in Glasgow and we think that this is the best.Food delicious, there are a lot of amazing dishes from starters to dessert. The staff is very friendly and prices are very value for money. Per gli amici Italiani ve lo consigliamo vivamente, niente a che vedere con I ristoranti che si trovano da noi :)

Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I just enjoyed everything. Rishi's food is just perfect and I know, I can choose and try whatever. It just never let me down :)

• Visited July 2013
Moffat, United Kingdom
“Brilliant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was looking for an indian restaurant which served authentic indian food - not the usual bright red anglicised stuff and found this place. Awsome. Fantastic regional southern indian menu with lots of tiffin items, dahls and dosas. We had the unlimited dosa's which came with delicious dahl, coconut chutney and corriander chutney. The staff were great, really friendly and helpful, suggesting items and even bringing us a potato masala as a free addition to add other flavours. Excellent food, excellent service and my new favourite indian restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
“Oh dear”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I like Glasgow and I am reliably informed that you can get excellent Indian food there. I have obviously been very unlucky with first Charcoals and when this place. 25 quid bought me two curries 2 naan (take away) and one pint whilst I waited. The chicken kadai (much like a karahi in theory) was very average. The lamb pathia was inedible. A few bits of gristly boiled meat (which I doubt were lamb) in a kind of sweet tomato soup that would be a danger to diabetics. No heat at all in either dish. Little taste. The naans were the best thing because they were edible ... but not cheap at almost 3 quid a pop . Another awful experience at a Glasgow Indian. May try ashoka or mother India next time I am up. Third time lucky? I hope so

1 Thank Sjb74