“Buddys can stay”

Buddy's BBQ & Burgers
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddy's BBQ & Burgers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,544 of 2,511 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Glasgow's favourite American-style BBQ & Burger joint, offering sit down + takeaway/delivery services to Southside and Cumbernauld.
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Got there and it was a forty minute wait for a table, didn't mind though since it was a nice day so we sat outside in the beer garden to wait which flew in. Ordered a cheeseburger which I instantly regretted, although it was amazing, my friends had gotten the most amazing chicken burgers definitely will be getting that next time! Chilli cheese fries are to die for.

Alcohol isn't too dear.

Staff were a bit hit or miss, some were clearly a bit inexperienced but that's expected with a new restaurant, once they get more confident I'm sure the service could be a 5 out of 5. Not too sure about the boss looking male, ordering the staff about in front of the whole restaurant, one of my pet hates! Should be done in the back were it can stay professional and not ruin a staffs confidence in the front of house.

But overall, had fun and the food was good.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

If you like McDonalds or Burger King then this is just an upmarket one, they only sell burgers and a selection of four starters which are presented on a plastic basket. There is no kiddies menu which meant my two grandsons, who are under two, could only have chips which was disappointing as my daughter wanted to celebrate her birthday with her nephew and son. You cannot book a table over the phone, first come first served, was the response. When we arrived we where told that we would need to wait for half an hour till a table became available, which due to where buddys is situated meant sitting in the bar ordering drinks, good ploy. When we where text to go through in half an hour my daughter noticed that when we arrived there where two tables vacant at the back and when we went through they where still vacant, curious.

The reason why I gave a two rating was that the girl serving our table was very attentive and good and the burgers where nice or it would have rated a one, but I think the place is over-hyped and once the curiousity of the locals has been exhausted I give it three months. They should at least make an attempt to cater for kids as all they could recommend was a smaller burger or chips. I will not be back and neither will my family or friends.

4  Thank Corky101
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Just been to Buddy's Cumbernauld for the first and last time. Worst service ever, terrible food!!! Give it a miss

12  Thank Ryan N
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've been to buddys two or three times before , the food is great , I usually get a western but this time I decided to order wings , I had nachos to start with which were ok , pretty hard to chew though , my husband ordered some ribs that looked so yummy , I ordered the six honey garlic chilli wings , we also had garlic fries and onion rings too. The food is amazing I don't doubt that one bit , however the floor was pretty dirty , and my table had ring marks from glasses on it probably from previous people sitting down. It was a pretty quiet night in the restaraunt but the service did take a while to come , we waited around half an hour for our meal. I did notice when I was going to wash my hands in the bathroom some of the staff were just standing about , some not doing anything and others on their mobiles , one thing I was shocked to hear was one of the gentleman waiters swearing behind the bar , I know what young lads can be like but in a family environment it was just unacceptable , I do love buddys but after this experience I just feel that it has let itself down a little. I will be back to give it another try but I'll leave it for a couple of weeks.

5  Thank GillianS19
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Visited on 27th June,staff very polite and attentive,had western burger wife said it was good, chilli cheese chips were good,deep fried jalapeños were good but exploded when bitten into (oops),had the BBQ platter(ribs,brisket,pulled pork,chicken) all were a bit overdone,sauce on them not nice,chicken and ribs especially.... Should have got the wings they looked amazing,nice draught beer,sorry for negatives but being honest,we will be back but will choose differently next time.