“I love this place but .....”

Buddy's BBQ & Burgers
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddy's BBQ & Burgers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,546 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Glasgow's favourite American-style BBQ & Burger joint, offering sit down + takeaway/delivery services to Southside and Cumbernauld.
Scotland
“I love this place but .....”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

So I have probably eaten here around 20 times I love it that much. I would like to give it a 5 star but I just cant !! sometimes the staff are quite rude. Its almost as if their success has gone to their heads and they are forgetting that to remain successful they must keep their standards up. Out of all the times I have been they have managed to get my order wrong around 5 times because they just don't pay enough attention. I feel like when I point it out that its wrong they get annoyed. To be fair not all staff, some of their staff are really lovely but I have come across a couple who are quite rude. I have also ordered over the phone twice and have picked up from the shop and both times the order was wrong, they gave me a completely different burger from the one I ordered and the cheeseburger had no bacon on it which I did pay extra for. The chips used to come in a large portion and with the last order I purchased there was about a quarter of a bag of chips. If this was any other take away I probably would not return but I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt as they are just new and I do love their food.

The shop itself is kept immaculately clean and the food is prepared in front of you which I also like. The burgers are so amazing and the Cajun fries are amazing too. The prices are also very good for the quality of food you are getting. They are opening a restaurant soon which I am looking forward and I do hope it is a success.

• Visited November 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“awesome BBQ in glasgow's south side”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Buddys has been a revelation in glasgow's south side since it opened struggling to keep up with demand for the first few months of opening.
the food is authentic BBQ and everything i have had has been very tasty and worth the visit.
i highly recommend the pulled pork sandwich and the western burger as personal favourites.
get down to Buddy's for amazing bbq

• Visited July 2013
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
“Top take out food”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had heard about Buddy's from people chatting about it in work. Word of mouth is always good so I thought I would give it a try. I had expected something rather slick and glossy from the articles I had read online so was somewhat surprised to find this tiny and very simply presented take out, tucked down a side street in Shawlands. I tried to park (be warned its on one of the most crowded parking areas in Glasgow) and had to go round several times, there was a small crowd of people gathered outside, and this turned out to be the waiting area, due to the turnover of customers. It does get very busy and do expect a 15-30 minute wait. The food does not disappoint, the menu would delight Gordon Ramsey, in that they have a small but perfectly formed offering. Most of the food is cooked in front of you and you can watch the burgers and pulled pork sandwiches being constructed with sheer artistic skill. A 'stack' of food is how I would describe it. The chicken burger is actually a full (real!) breast of chicken in a delicious crumb coating, topped with a slice of cheese and a rasher of the finest quality bacon, all on a bed of lettuce, tomato,freshly sliced onion and dressing. The western burger is equally delicious, and has a real home made onion ring packed in with all the usual accompaniments and topped with barbecue sauce. We tried a side of mac&cheese and were not disappointed. The Cajun fries are great, although the regular fries are pretty standard. The coleslaw is also home made but I think £2.00 for a small 'handful' with a cost value of about 20p is poor value. This was our second visit to buddy's, the price for a burger meal is approx £7, which for the standard of food is ok. I would rather pay a little less though and not be forced to have the 'free' drink. It's not really, the price will be factored in. If the quality of drink matched that of the food ie, maybe a San pellagrino then I wouldn't mind. All in all, good food, ok value, definitely worth the wait.

• Visited November 2013
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Good fun! Great burgers!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Everyone should try a Buddy's! It's such good fun. We ordered a Duke burger which is on the secret menu and a western! Great greasy hangover food. Man v Food style! Give it a bash.

• Visited August 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best burger ever.”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Since our first visit to Buddy's we have probably ordered from them almost every week!

Their burgers really are amazing and huge! We struggle to finish a burger and side each so usually get the fries to share.

Tried all the burgers and recommend them all my particular favourite being the western and my boyfriends is the special but instead of mushrooms he gets scotch bonnet peppers!

Tried the honey wings which I loved as they weren't too spicy!
First order of macaroni cheese was quite dry and under seasoned but every time I have ordered it after that it has been really creamy and just perfect!

Would recommend again and again.

Visited October 2013