“Nice sized portions specials great”
Review of Lock 27

Lock 27
Ranked #1,726 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Glasgow
“Nice sized portions specials great”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I went here with hubby and a pal . We had sam adams, Belhaven and blue moon all on draught. The interior is a bit dark but its cosy and has a good seating area to eat as well as showing the football on Tv screens. There is an outdoor seating area right on the canal for when its good weather.We had the venison burger and hand cut chips with pepper sauce-this was a huge wooden plate with a good sized burger and portion of chips, pal had pulled pork chilli with rice and nachos-again a good sized with as I was told the right amount of spice. I had the veggie burger which was fine usual fare but salad was a bit mean consisting of a few leafs of lettuce.Service was quick and cheery.Happy to go back again and has its own car park or even handier if you live near by.

• Visited August 2013

Glasgow
“Seafood Pasta A def must try”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I bought a meal deal with my daughter £20 2 mains and a bottle of wine. I opted for the seafood pasta which was one of the best i have had, with plenty of king prawns, salmon, mussels and calamari. My daughter also gave a big thumbs up to the venison burger and hand cut chips with pepper sauce. The service was excellent, the waitress was polite and cheery. After dinner we enjoyed some drinks served by chatty pleasant bar staff and then some music. This pub offers a wide variety of entertainment and I have been in when the live bands are on. Definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Christina1965
dumbarton
“Great place to stop for a pint when out cycling on the canal cycle path”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Just been for a great cycle round the parks on the west end of Glasgow and dropped in for a well earned beer
Great location on a summers day

• Visited July 2013
“Just a great pub.”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been going to the lock for prob 5 years now, we really enjoy the varied menu and enjoy the fajitas the best. Have tried probably 50% of the menu plus the frequent specials and must say have never had a bad meal and is typically top notch pub grub. Some comments I have seen said they use per-prepared meals which from our experience is definitely not the case as there is always a slight change in the spice'ness and ingredients. The misses enjoys the Thai curry. If we have friends round we always head over to the lock they really make you feel welcome.

Visited July 2013
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub on canal - burger was a disappointment”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice for a Wee drink outside but I wouldn't recommend the food ! If your cycling to Edinburgh keep going to The Stables at kirky - better food

• Visited July 2013