“It was fine for lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 10, 2013

John Lewis is a remarkably nice place to go for a coffee so I thought going for lunch would be just as good. And it was alright but not particularly exciting.

There is plenty of choice and we chose two crepes which were made freshly in front of us. They looked lovely but were a little bland despite the side salad. The children's bag was as standard but why will no one put some salad into the sandwiches? Dry bread and ham does not a sandwich make.

The system of paying at each station for the food was also tiresome and the tables seem a long way away when you find you have forgotten cutlery and napkins.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

John Lewis sets a standard that other stores can only dream about. However, by their own set of criteria, their cafeteria lets the Glasgow store down. Strange lay out at the entrance causes confusion and potential queue-jumping.

But it is the food I wish to focus on. Saturday noon was not particularly busy but the chips I had with my salad nicoise were barely edible. Not good enough JL. At above average café prices I would have expected better.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited the place to eat on a busy Friday lunch time.

The food we got was very good quality was cooked fresh in front of you ( we had crepes & pasta) but was only one person cooking / serving at each station so mean their was a queue and their were 2 of us 1 of us waited in crepe queue and other in pasta but i got my crepe and was cold by the time my aunt had waited in pasta queue.

Just seems like a strange set up and you need to pay for each item at each station so if you are there with kids you could be having to go to 3 or 4 stations and pay at each one and wait for your order to be cooked each time.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had been beginning to lose my faith in the John Lewis standards of catering, however, after a recent visit to the Glasgow branch, I must say that my opinion is now quite the opposite. The new sandwiches selection is far improved on before, and although it is very disappointing to see the soup and sandwich meal deal be removed, the quality of ingredients remains the top level that you would expect.

The Ham & Cheese with onion chutney baguette was delicious! and also loved the tomato and basil soup which was clearly freshly made.

I will be returning soon and hope these standards are maintained!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Been coming here for a while now at least twice a month, and everytime the standard and quality of the food and service is great! Ordered a prawn baguette and a pineapple tart as well as a cappuccino. Quality of products always are what you'd expect from John Lewis. The young staff behind the tills were friendly and even asked if I wanted chocolate on top of the cappuccino despite it being busy!

Would recommend to anyone looking for a light lunch or afternoon tea