“Great Seafood in glasgow”

Rock Lobster Seafood Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mouthwatering Rotisserie Cooked Food We're bringing a little 'London style' to Glasgow with our Rotisserie kitchen. We are focussing on our 'Farm to Plate' process and working with local farmers to source our ingredients in order to bring you the very best succulent chicken. Ever-changing Drinks Menu Taking inspiration from our sister brand Gin71, we aim to bring an excellent range of premium gins to the Merchant City, as well as a delicious and constantly changing cocktail menu.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Situated in an almost hidden small square, close to George Square, it is unlikely you will stumble across this restaurant by chance. It must survive largely by recommendation - and it is surely worthy of that. Modern decor, unpretentious but stylish with comfortable seating; exceptionally friendly and helpful staff coupled with a warm greeting from the proprietor; great fresh food to complete the occasion. From Lobster, to Langoustines to many other great delicacies with a hint of Italian influence, surely something to satisfy everyone. Simple wine list with a reasonable choice range. Dessert choice disappointingly small but who needed a dessert anyway! This has to be a MUSt visit for all.

2  Thank Miguel1065_11

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Opened by the ex head chef & joint owner of Arisaig, finding that he had opened up here on his own fully explains the total going down the tubes of Arisaig in the last twelve months...

With an emphasis on seafood (an obvious statement I know), a modern contemporary decor, an open kitchen, hidden in Virginia Court (next to Brutti Compadres, also a good place to eat) just off Argyll street (turn left either before T K Maxx or just before M & S, around 150 metres up you will find an entrance way to the courtyard).

I have eaten here three times (but obviously am too lazy to write three reviews) and have been very impressed. My recommendation is to try the langoustines when they are on the menu. All other dishes I have tried are very good though.

Short but very good wine list. Unobtrusive service. The owner obviously has a similar taste in music to me so that means him a style guru...just like myself. He also makes time to chat to his clientele which is a nice touch which he also used to do at Arisaig too.

Very good restaurant that hopefully will go from strength to strength.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank josefk68
Reviewed April 25, 2013

5pm menu but although limited menu food good. Service quick and friendly Atmosphere was lacking as very quiet but didn't spoil our enjoyment

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had read the reviews for the restaurant and noted they were mixed so was unsure about booking. However, I can say that the three of us who dine out every Saturday lunch in Glasgow, enjoyed our meal very much. We ate from both the lunch menu and the A La Carte. The lunch menu starter and fish pie and the fish of the day was good. The fish soup starter was very very tasty and fresh. The fist of the day (seabass) from the A La Carte served with a tomato and olive sauce was really really fresh and super. Hubby did his own filleting but mine was beautifully filleted for me.
The service was friendly and efficient.
We have added this to our list of Glasgow restaurants to return to.

1  Thank Lizzie6474
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a chicken dish and it was cooked perfectly and my husband had the steak and again it was cooked to perfection. I will definately return. We were not rushed and spent a good few hours in here.