Stravaigin Scotland
Ranked #5 of 88 Tours in Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scotland's best day trips! Customized Private Guided Tours of Scotland. Whisky Tours, Sight Seeing, Golf Outings, & Relaxing Spa Days. We will create a tailored itinerary especially for you...! From Edinburgh & Glasgow and direct from your hotel.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I quite honestly cannot say enough good things about Ian (the guide) and Stravaigin Scotland Day Tours. Ian is incredibly knowledgeable, extremely hospitable and genuinely warm and friendly. After giving him a little (and I mean a little) info on what we wanted to see, Ian was able to create an itinerary for my family and I that got us excited even before we went on the tour. The only reason we weren't able to follow the itinerary completely was because there were 3 (yes, 3) vehicular accidents that day that totally threw us of schedule. Despite that, Ian was able to get us to see the main attractions we had planned on seeing and re-routed our trip to include other great sites to make up for the ones we missed due to the accidents. Ian is definitely all about making sure you have a great time during your tour and that you end up loving Scotland as much as he does. You absolutely cannot go wrong with Stravaigin Scotland Day Tours or with Ian.

2  Thank Miriam A
"his knowledge"
in 7 reviews
"always on time"
in 2 reviews
"scottish history and culture"
"true stories"
"fantastic trip"
"monty python"
"an adventure"

Reviewed May 23, 2013

After a brief conversation, Ian was able to tailor the perfect Scotland experience for us. He understood what we were interested in and knew what we were not. His knowledge and humor made it a most pleasurable and memorable tour. We visited Loch Ness and he showed us the beauty of the meeting of two continents. He showed us the wonderful riverside town of Dunkeld and the beautiful and historic Cathedral. We also visited the photogenic Castle Eilean Donan. It was a most educational visit. The gift shop was nice and the prices were good. He knew where the good coffee and clean restrooms could be found, a wonderful thing.

1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I travel the world for a living and of the 28 countries I've visited, Stravaigin Scotland Day Tours made Scotland my best sightseeing experience EVER! I have toured with them 4 times because my experiences were always so great. The guide, Ian, shows up in his kilt and takes you around to these amazing castles and gorgeous views of Scotland. is so knowledgable about everything and everywhere he takes you. It is very relaxed and easy-going. I like touring with Stravaigin Scotland Day Tours bc the guide doesn't overload you with information and doesn't try to sell you ANYTHING. Ian tells you as much or as little about the places you go as you want to know. My best touring experiences have been with Stravaigin Scotland Day Tours and I wouldn't go sightseeing with anybody else! I promise you will have the best experience ever with them! The places you go are so unique. Check out my pictures from two of our sightseeing experiences together:

2  Thank jensosouthern
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my first time in Scotland, and I discovered so many amazing places outside of the touristy cities. There is so much hidden beauty in Scotland, and thanks to Ian, I was able to see all of that.

1  Thank Greg T