“Delightful bistro”
Review of Central Market Glasgow - CLOSED

Central Market Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since opening in November 2012, we have enjoyed some great reviews and received many accolades including Most Stylish Restaurant at the 2013 Scottish Style Awards and an entry in the prestigious Waitrose Good Food Guide for 2014. We offer a relaxed atmosphere in a backdrop of soaring windows and a topography of metal, marble, tiles and mirror. Our modern, seasonal menu is Scottish inspired, featuring an array of locally sourced fresh produce. We're open from 9.30Am every day. Why not pop in for breakfast or some brunch? We also have an extensive wine list and great selection of contemporary classic cocktails served until 1am Friday & Saturdays.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A very nice bistro in the merchant city, the staff are very helpful and polite, the food standard is high with a good choice. A very good wine selection. This is the third time I have been here in the last month and the standard of service and food has been of the same high standard on every occasion.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Situated in the heart of the Merchant City area of the city, Central Market is a small cafe/bar/bistro with a modern, relaxed ambience. There is an open kitchen where one can see the chefs diligently cooking and preparing the meals. The menu offers modern British cuisine using fresh, seasonal ingredients with a choice of light bites, sandwiches as well as traditional restaurant dishes.

We have now dined at Central Market on two occasions in the past month - a recommendation in itself. The quality of the cooking is excellent, the service welcoming and friendly, the ambience casual and relaxed. We have been impressed by all the dishes we have tried so far. Their beef burger must truly be the best available in Glasgow.

Definitely recommended!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visited here in a party of 7 on a busy and very warm summer's evening. Service was first class, especially the lovely male Polish waiter who was polite, charming and a real credit to the restaurant. Food was of a very decent standard, and all meals were brought out to the table at the same time, so no member of the party was left waiting in eager anticipation! We had oysters, duck terrine and smoked peppered mackerel for starters, then guinea fowl, coley, plaice and sirloin steaks for mains. Every dish was fabulous, no complaints from any of us and clean plates all round! The bill for 7 of us was around £250, which included 4 very decent bottles of wine and a round of cold beers. Have given this place 4 instead of 5 stars, as our only gripe was the heat within the restaurant was almost unbearable, and whilst I know we don't often get such hot weather in Glasgow, an air conditioning unit instead of a floor standing fan, which just circulated the hot air about the place, would have made our visit much more comfortable, and we would have stayed for desserts and coffee! Overall though, a fab place and we will be back!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was treated to an amazing dinner here on Friday by my best mate. What a place! I've wanted to try it for ages, so when she suggested it, I jumped at the chance!

I love the decor: all white NY Subway style tiles, exposed brickwork, open kitchen in the centre of the restaurant, lots of stainless steel and big leafy pot plants.

We were seated in the window at one of the cocktail tables, and the service and ambiance were fantastic.

To start, Helen had the blue cheese and pear salad, and myself the crispy brisket. For mains, Helen opted for the red mullet (the only kind of mullet she approves of), and I couldn't see past the steak tartare.

We both had pudding, which is unusual - A chocolate torte and a lavender victoria sponge. We also couldn't resist sharing a wee Mewes Cheeseboard.

Aw man, this is my kind of food! Fresh, unfussy, beautifully presented and tasty!

The brisket was melt in the mouth gorgeous, with a lovely light and crisp batter on it, and the steak tartare? Meaty, piquant, glossy and moreish. I could have eaten about 4x the amount, but then I am a beef monster!

Couldn't fault the service, everyone was chatty and attentive, and kept our water glasses topped up.

Excellent!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

As a person who has eaten out plenty of times in my life i would like to give praise to the wonderful meal i had tonight in central market. visited with family/friends and had the most incredible cured duck with tomatoes followed by a prok dish which was beyond expectations. Excellent flavour combinations and beautifully presented. A cracking cheese board too. Really this is the best of the best of meals ive had recently.