“Great Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Central Market Glasgow - CLOSED

Central Market Glasgow
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, British, Contemporary, Scottish
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Since opening in November 2012, we have enjoyed some great reviews and received many accolades including Most Stylish Restaurant at the 2013 Scottish Style Awards and an entry in the prestigious Waitrose Good Food Guide for 2014. We offer a relaxed atmosphere in a backdrop of soaring windows and a topography of metal, marble, tiles and mirror. Our modern, seasonal menu is Scottish inspired, featuring an array of locally sourced fresh produce. We're open from 9.30Am every day. Why not pop in for breakfast or some brunch? We also have an extensive wine list and great selection of contemporary classic cocktails served until 1am Friday & Saturdays.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had a great steak dinner here.Steak was nice and tender The beef starter was great also. Waitress knew about wines and also attentive. Trendy interior like what you'd expect in London. Only small complaint was im not sure if I liked my Victoria sponge dessert laced with Lavender but all in all a great meal in a trendy setting!

Visited May 2013

rutherglen
“Market leader”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My son booked a table for my wife and I one Saturday evening,mainly because
I haven't taken my good lady out for ages (bad dad/hubby) :O(
We both enjoyed everything about evening,food was very good and very reasonably
priced (a few specials for that 'push the boat out experience' ),staff were attentive and helpful with food and drinks served promptly .
Will visit again for breakfast ,lunch or dinner .........maybe all three in one day...
I've taken that too far ,again.

• Visited June 2013
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

A stunning caesar salad and oysters.....A perfect way to treat yourself to a healthy naughty lunch. Staff are super friendly and the bar area is beautiful

• Visited April 2013
“Potential to be great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

So I have walked passed this plae a few times and was always tempted by the look of it.
I decided to pop in for lunch with a friend.
I'm not sure what happened when we arrive but we were greeted and then took a seat at a table for 4. I'm not sure what occurred but some sort of squabble happened between the staff about people should be sat at a table rather than just sitting- I think they were worried they were going to waste 2 covers. Ironic considering the place was less than a 1/4 full.
The food was nice enough and the menu very tempting. But the experience at the beginning just wanted me to get lunch over with and leave.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank naughtymarty
Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place has it all......!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I travel a lot on business and on a recent trip to Scotland, a friend of mine suggested I try this new resto in the Merchant City. I was a little sceptical as I expected the normal merchant city cliche....I was very pleasantly surprised....., this place was fantastic! It has it all...... amazing staff, fantastic food (think the freshest of seafood and the most creative of dishes), superb ambience and very good value for money. I don't get to Scotland very often but I know the next time I return this will be my first point of call. Keep it up central market, I am looking forward to my next visit!!

• Visited April 2013