“Dreadful service”

Marco Polo Brasserie, Steakhouse and Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Marco Polo, Glasgow we’ve designed our menu with you in mind offering fresh, delicious food and great service from early morning until evening.We are ideally situated close to Buchanan Bus station, Cineworld Renfrew Street, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall and the Premier Inn Hotel in Sauchiehall Street.For lunch, take time to relax with our delicious set menu or why not take a break from shopping and try our new Toastismo Menu - our take on the traditional afternoon tea with ciabatta sandwiches and home-made desserts.And in the evening, you can unwind with us while making your choice from our delicious Pre-Theatre or A La Carte Menu.We look forward to welcoming you.DISCOVER MARCO POLO!
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were in Glasgow overnight for a show in the theatre. We were looking for somewhere to have a nice relaxing meal before the show well what can I say. It took 20mins to get our first drink which was wrong my husband had to go to the bar eventually to have this sorted. We ordered our food with the same waiter, I mean the only waiter !!! The staff consisted of 3 people one of whom was the chef. Keeping in mind that it wasn't particularly busy we waited 50mins for our food, we considered leaving but to be honest it ended up being amusing. The waiter brought the onion rings yes they were homemade but after waiting for 9mins for our steaks to arrive and a further 5mins for the chips they were cold. I had a fillet steak and my husband Ribeye steak my husbands was hot mine was cooked to perfection but cold. I asked for another drink 12mins for it to arrive so an improvement on the first one. When asked if everything was ok I said my food was cold but I would eat it as I was soooo hungry by this point.
We ordered desert it was slightly quicker in coming but I asked for no cream and yes you've guessed it, covered in cream so back it went. When we got the bill the waiter said he hadn't charged my desert or my second drink.
Yes a nice gesture but I am not looking for something for free just decent service on a Saturday night. We went into the restaurant at 8pm and it felt like we were there for hours. On a whole the food if it had been hot would have been lovely but because of the terrible service I would not go back ever again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Not an awful lot to say we had dinner on Saturday night - it was acceptable but nothing to write home about a bit cafeish .

2  Thank DorothyCumbria
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch on a Saturday, late on around 3.30 therefore very quiet. Booked through 5pm so had a half pint, starter and main. Think it was £8 or £9. I had bruschetta to start and it was the best I have tasted, had some cheese over the top which made the difference. Mains we both had carbonara and it was amazing! Portion size was good and the ham was cut into small bits which was good as I find large bits of ham in carbonara off putting. We were served by a gentleman who was the owner I think and also a female - both friendly enough. Will definitely go back for this good value offer.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Reading the reviews after I have been I think the must have changed chief and staff. The head waiter sat us at the back of the restaurant and was preoccupied with setting up for group bookings. We had to wait well over half hour for our food to arrive. When it did arrive my salmon was very under cooked and my girlfriends food was dry and over cooked. When we complained. The waiter was not sincere in his apologies. We paid far the drinks and left. We received better service and quality food in weathrspoons the next day. I don't normally leave bad reviews. But this place deserved it

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Enjoy the different food. Keep going back. Salmon pasta is lovely. Lunch menu is great value.my family are Italian and they where impressed with this place.