“Disappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I bought a voucher using It is on for here for a treat for my Mum's birthday. I'm glad we had a voucher because at the full price it is definitely not worth the money...even at the reduced rate i'm not sure it was either!!

We had high hopes and left feeling disappointed. Sandwiches were terrible, very plain and tasted bland. Cakes were average, but were very small. The scones were the best bit but still lack luster compared to other afternoon teas. Also, the deal stated that a tea or coffee AND hot chocolate were included, but once there, we were told you only got one.

My Mum and I love trying new places, even better when we can get a deal on them, but I wouldn't return here, not even with a deal.

• Visited May 2014

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Mouldy bread & maggots in salad”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I've been here a number of times as it's a convenient place for prams due to the space. I've mainly been for coffee however i have had lunch on occasion.i am very sorry to say that maggots have been found in salads and bread has been mouldy (even though they advised it is baked on site every day)! Dips have also had a 'crust' on the top of them suggesting they have been left out for days.
Also, beware if you are there with small children. Their railings are not compliant with current standards (they are too wide apart) making this a big safety risk for all small children. They staff were informed and they advised they would let the management know however almost a month on nothing has been done about this (a simple mesh backing would even help!)
I have found the staff friendly but the lack of hygeine has meant that i won't be going back any time soon.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Anna R
Hamilton
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I took my Son and friends here today for his birthday, chocolate session went well, boys had a ball until it was time to leave, the girls take them to wash their hands at a sink at the end of the factory ( room with tables) i was waiting in the cafe area when my son, friends and one of the girls came out with my son in tears. I asked what happened and with no concern she told me he slipped on the wet floor and fell into the sink. He got an instant black eye. I asked her to get me a bump pack and was told they didnt have them. In a place thats full of children most of the time its a must to have first aiders and no one bothered. I told her to at least get me some ice, she walked away not really bothered, another member of staff came over with a yellow cloth that they use to wipe tables with ice in it, then he brought him a cup of ice cream, not what i needed at all. What started off a great day ended with a very upset wee boy.
Wouldnt go back, dont think its value for money, workshop kids only get to make 2 chocolate items for £13 and chocolate wasnt that good.
Kids lunch menu was either a toastie or pitta bread with hummis, not really what most kids are into.
Very dissapointed and upset at lack of concern by staff members.
Website says" better than wonka" i say" No it isnt.

2 Thank Denise R
Glasgow
“I don't see this place lasting much longer”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I purchased an Itison deal for an Afternoon Tea for two people. It was so not worth the deal price let alone paying full price for it!

I can only echo what other people have said here, the sandwiches were horrible; the bread tasted almost stale, they were full of unknown fillings and a lump of limp lettuce at the side was meant to be enticing!

Cakes were teeny tiny and very grainy! The only redeeming food on offer were the scones on the top layer. Despite the offer including a hot chocolate, the manager who served us, didn't bother to offer us it. We left so disappointed.

I don't think I'll be going back. The layout is uncomfortable and the staff attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

All in not a great experience.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Jackanory84
Glasgow
“terrible afternoon tea, even at Itison deal price”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went for afternoon tea using the Itison deal, so it wasn't expensive, but still really not worth it. Sandwiches were tiny triangles of bread, dried at the edges, not buttered and with less than a teaspoon of filling - very sad looking and tasting. There was a pile of half-brown iceberg lettuce on the side which made things even more unpleasant. The three (tiny) cakes were all right, but they were basically the same base cake with a different flavouring - not very inspired. The scones were tiny, and so crumbly that you couldn't actually cut them to spread jam on; they just fell to bits. Additionally, they originally brought us meat sandwiches despite me specifying on booking that we were vegetarian, and after bringing the food they didn't come near our table again despite being almost empty. We left without even being offered the hot chocolate but I doubt it would have redeemed them. If you want a delicious afternoon tea, with beautiful cakes, great service and big, fat, soft, fresh sandwiches, go to Snuggle Muffin and avoid this place.

• Visited May 2014