“Afternoon Tea”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We visited for afternoon tea with voucher. The service was excellent and the afternoon tea very good. There were ham, tuna, salmon and egg sandwiches which were nice. The warm chocolate chip scones were fantastic and even better with the jam and cream. The cake selection was really nice with a selection of chocolate based cakes, eclairs, brownies and a lovely chocolate tart with honeycomb on top. So many cakes we had to have a doggy bag to take home. Had to decline the hot chocolate as we were so full.

1  Thank Charlotte H

Reviewed November 2, 2012

First of all let me say that my husband and I attended a chocolate masterclass here in May 2012 and it was excellent. We expected it to last an hour but it was more like 90 mins, and we had a great time watching and making lots of little delights. We raved about it to friends afterwards.

However in October 2012 we took a youth group of high school kids along for a chocolate course - expecting much of the same treatment. It cost £13 each and really they just got to draw pictures with melted chocolate. The staff were not attentive at all (I didn't even catch the name of the girl who led our group) and there were 3 noisy groups of kids on at the same time. In addition the whole thing only lasted 45mins (including time at the start to wash hands and put on aprons etc). It was absolutely not value for money this time, and this is very disappointing because 1) the young people paid for the trip and we expected more 2) we thought this would be an annual event but we will not be returning.

3  Thank Laura K
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Got a voucher for the afternoon tea for two and it was really filling, in fact my husband couldn't manage the chocolate shot at the end! He did get a coffee instead and wasn't charged any extra. We did go on a Thursday afternoon and it was quiet. The service was friendly and the chocolate very good.

I would go again as I love chocolate but think it might be better as a girlie treat.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Took the family here for lunch and the possibility of "making chocolate". The place was busy, this was to be expected as it was the October week. However though the prices to eat in here are a tad high for what you get and you do not get what they advertise. I asked for a panini, what I got was a white sub roll from Sainsbury's with no explanation but still had to pay the £4 for it. The children's toasty is 4 mouthful bites ( 4 kid's mouthful bits) of toast for £1.50. If you wanted to partake in the making of chocolate it is £13 each. We passed on that after the food experience we thought it was April Fools. Will not be back and l would recommend going a couple of doors down to Bean Scene.

3  Thank achapman