“very sweet :)”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 24, 2014

lovely little coffee/tea shop
make sure you go and sit up stairs and watch the world go by outside
good selection of cakes and treats
reasonably priced
upstairs is scattered with second hand books that you're welcome to pick up and have a nosey through while you are there!

gorgeous!

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This place was the brilliant, gr8 food, nice pleasent staff and gr8 atmosphere

Highly recommend the cappuccinos and cake

Will be visiting this place weekly

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I pass this cafe often and have visited it before when it was bibliocafe (with the books). The new owners seem to have tried to brighten the place up, which is nice but it comes across a little cheap in places (the sofas & tables upstairs) and the blue paint, whilst fresh, creates more of a family friendly / creche feel which is totally fine as each to their own.

The food I have tried has been average and I guess as it's towards the cheaper end so that's ok. The panini style sandwich I had was bland and on another occasion the scrambled eggs had a pool of water around them which I think may mean microwaved.

I will say, the staff are great and you do feel as though it's a family & friend run place and they care about their customers, just perhaps taking up some customer feedback would help with a few of the niggles.

I think this would be a fantastic place to come to while away a couple of hours reading their books and enjoying the views but only with tea and cake really - they do have stiff competition nearby as far as quality coffee goes.

All in all, worth a visit if passing, nice place, great staff, ok food.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We must like it as we've been twice. I think it was called the book club once. Still has the books. We had a nice coffee there and the home made cakes are good too.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We pop in here before our class each week and then again after the class. We could not be made more welcome. The coffee is excellent as are the home made cakes and scones. Our second visit is usually for a light lunch. There is always a choice of two home made soups and a couple of dishes of the day. All fresh and delicious. There is also an element of fun. If you roll a double six you get a free coffee. Eight stamps on your loyalty card is another free coffee. I am still waiting for a double six - one day! PS Although we are pensioners we have student cards and get a 10% discount. YES!!

2  Thank theFergus0ns