“Welcoming Atmosphere”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Welcoming Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This little cafe is somewhere I will visit again and again. The cafe-come-bookshop has a wide and ever changing menu, with options for those with different dietary requirements. The selection of cakes and treats are great value and use high quality ingredients. At times when the cafe is busy the staff make sure you feel appreciated for waiting and always serve you with a smile. I very rarely take the time to review places but I've had lots of great experiences at this business. Worth a visit for it's great selection of good value books too.

glasgow
“Charming”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

A lovely, well placed little cafe with very pleasant staff. Coffees are lovely and everything tastes fresh and homemade. It is very small but to be honest this adds to the cosy and unique atmosphere. I will definitely be going back.

“Lovely”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Was in for a spot of lunch, had a meatball wrap, delicious highly recommended. The service was great. Really lovely time spent there and picked up a great book for only £1.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Before being taken over this was a well run establishment. My wife and daughter regularly went at lunch time. They didn't have much time to spare but were happy with the efficient service and the food presentation. This week I accompanied them and we experienced for the first time the way things are run under the new management. Placed an order for sandwiches, tea and coffee. 45 minutes later we were still waiting. Meanwhile, customers who came in for takeaway food and drink were served and still we waited. We ran out of time and decided to take the order to the car instead of sitting in. On opening the bag the cheese ham and pickle sandwiches were another disappointment. I used to work summers on a building site where I saw labourers eat better prepared sandwiches. The tea tasted stewed so I decided not to finish it. When I got home and was pouring it down the sink I noticed the teabag was still in the drink. No string or anything to suggest that a bag was in the tea. If this doesn't put you off then at least don't pay upfront as this gives you the opportunity to walk if confronted with a similar experience to ours.

1 Thank Stewart M
Paisley
“What a lovely cafe in West End!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This place is lovely, very cosy. Me and my friend just discovered it after trying so many other coffee shops around uni and I must admit that this one had the best food so far. Also great value for the money.

It's a nice and comfy place, you can grab a book - there is plenty around you, and just sit and read.

Loved it.