“Charming”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 17, 2013

A lovely, well placed little cafe with very pleasant staff. Coffees are lovely and everything tastes fresh and homemade. It is very small but to be honest this adds to the cosy and unique atmosphere. I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Was in for a spot of lunch, had a meatball wrap, delicious highly recommended. The service was great. Really lovely time spent there and picked up a great book for only £1.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Before being taken over this was a well run establishment. My wife and daughter regularly went at lunch time. They didn't have much time to spare but were happy with the efficient service and the food presentation. This week I accompanied them and we experienced for the first time the way things are run under the new management. Placed an order for sandwiches, tea and coffee. 45 minutes later we were still waiting. Meanwhile, customers who came in for takeaway food and drink were served and still we waited. We ran out of time and decided to take the order to the car instead of sitting in. On opening the bag the cheese ham and pickle sandwiches were another disappointment. I used to work summers on a building site where I saw labourers eat better prepared sandwiches. The tea tasted stewed so I decided not to finish it. When I got home and was pouring it down the sink I noticed the teabag was still in the drink. No string or anything to suggest that a bag was in the tea. If this doesn't put you off then at least don't pay upfront as this gives you the opportunity to walk if confronted with a similar experience to ours.

1  Thank Stewart M
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This place is lovely, very cosy. Me and my friend just discovered it after trying so many other coffee shops around uni and I must admit that this one had the best food so far. Also great value for the money.

It's a nice and comfy place, you can grab a book - there is plenty around you, and just sit and read.

Loved it.

2  Thank dominique_lea
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Awesome falafel wraps and gingerbread latte's perfect for the pounding away on the laptop mid-term. Staff are extremely friendly and the new paint job makes it fresh and less musty than before. Not that the smell of books can be beaten!

1  Thank fionafergi