“Don't go!!!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tony Macaroni - CLOSED

Tony Macaroni
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Linlithgow, Scotland
“Don't go!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this place is the conservatory overlooking the Italian Centre. Service is friendly but glacially slow. Food is average at best but two out of the four mains we ordered were returned.

I will never return. Hopefully you can learn from my mistake.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank JKB59

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cold premises with no atmosphere and luke warm food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Having been to Byres Rd branch i expexted the same at this restaurant. Restaurant was cold and they had a huge heater at one end that was not very effective. Only two in our section so no atmostphete. Pasta arrived and portion was too much and luke warm. It didnt feel particularly freshly made either. Very disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank J R
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor quality of food and service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

My partner and I had previously been to the restaurant twice and were please with the food and the service. This time we ordered starters which came at a reasonable time and the food was okay however I had ordered a chicken spaghetti dish for my main and found the inside of the chicken was very clearly pink in the middle. By that point I was put off and my partner notified the waitress who then said "Oh yes" in agreement. I told her I didn't want any more, she took it away and returned promptly to tell us "it's just a vein", needless to say quietly so the other customers didn't hear. No apology or anything. She then proceeded to ask us if we wanted to see the desert menu and we replied no and asked for the bill. By that time she had realised that we were disappointed and took her time returning with the bill and it seemed she had just pushed us to the side. We paid for all dishes including the one with the vein in the chicken and left very disappointed with the food and attitude of the staff. It's such a shame as we had previously enjoyed our meals there and wont be returning after this occasion! Wouldn't have minded so much if they had tried to rectify the situation.

1 Thank KerryC560
“Bland lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I went here for a cheap lunch, one course for £6.95 and it was alright. There is a great selection on the sunday lunch menu with a lot of meals from the Al a carte menu for only £6.95. We got gnocchi and a pizza but we weren't too impressed. The portion of gnocchi was very big (plus point) but it was quite oily and the pizza I got was very watery and bland. At the price you don't really want to complain but it wasn't great.
The staff were great, no issues with them. There was a problem with our bill but they quickly changed it with no fuss.
I don't think I will rush back here but my girlfriend swears that it was better on the other occasions that she went...

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good place, really filling& decent priced!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Been here twice& it hasn’t disappointed. Staff are friendly& there is a good selection of food& tapas. It’s not expensive considering it’s in the Merchant City area of Glasgow. Shared 3 tapas as a starter, I had the 10oz Steak with peppercorn sauce with fries, absolutely delicious. My partner had salmon fillets which were massive portion with mash potatoes. Came to around £50 including drinks. Although my steak was £20, it was worth every penny, I would recommend this as a main meal.
All in all the restaurant was good, the décor is nice& felt very warm& cosy. Staff are helpful& its not to far a walk from the city centre.