“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
Review of Scaramouche

Scaramouche
Ranked #635 of 2,507 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, European, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and i took our 10 month old son here for Sunday lunch and had a wonderful time. The service was friendly and attentive without being over bearing. A good quality high chair was available for my son to use, and there was plenty of room for his push chair. There were a number of other small children in the restaurant. I had a pizza and my wife had the cajun chicken burger. Both were freshly made and were delicious. I have also been in here for the poker night on a Thursday and for a few drinks with friends on a Friday. This place is a hidden gem.

1  Thank braz16

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Was extremely disappointed to the point of anger with my trip to Scaramouche. Wanted to go for the 'special' of the mussels which were out of stock as it was Sunday. Can't be much of a special if it doesn't change daily. Went for the pâté which was clearly straight out of a packet then had the burger which granted was alright. My friend had the roast chicken which was served with instant beef gravy, bought in Yorkshire puddings and mash despite the menu saying roast potatoes. The waitress asked if this was ok after she had plonked the plate down rather than checking before. The service was poor, waitress not friendly and the ambience was grim, we were in there about 90 mins and heard songs repeated mostly bland middle of the road Indy from about 10 years ago. I might have might have wanted to hear Buddy Holly by Weezer once back when it was released but certainly don't want to hear it twice with my Sunday lunch in 2013. Will definitely not be returning to Scaramouche and advise against anyone else going there either.

2  Thank George L
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed in the Acorn Hotel which is above the bar. Had a great time in this bar which I'm told is quite new. The bar had a cozy feel on a cold winter night. Candles on the tables and very friendly staff. The food was particulary good and prepared by a French chef who did a tour round the tables. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Completely disagree with that last review, i have eaten at this restaurant twice and enjoyed the food both times. Atmosphere and service great.

1  Thank Duffrain
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Visited for lunch with a friend. Ordered a burger which looked fab. On eating I found lumps of raw mince in the middle. Returned it to the waiter who apologised and brought it back well cooked however the damage had been done. My friend returned on another occassion and her chicken was also undercooked. I would highly recommend giving this place a miss and, instead, eat in its sister pub McPhabbs across the road on Sauchiehall Street - burgers in there are to die for - best I have ever tasted. Thumbs down to Scaramouche however thumbs up to McPhabbs....same owners but quality so different.

3  Thank Buddie151