“Sorry, I cannot fault this hotel.”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries Hotel
Ranked #6 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
AYRSHIRE
“Sorry, I cannot fault this hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night to see Andrew Bocelli at the new Hydro. This is a hotel where it is a self service book in and to be honest I hadn't a clue what to do, however there was a member of staff on hand who was of great assistance and all we had to do was enter our debit card and punch in the pin number.

Being aware that most of the restaurants would be busy we decided to have dinner in the hotel. I asked where I could book a table, however the same staff member asked what time we would like to eat and he booked a table for us.

Dinner was excellent and with a bottle of 'plonk' for under £15 it was a great start to the evening.

The standard room we were allocated was very spacious with a chez longue situated at the window. Room spotless and a credit to the chambermaid. Comfy bed with the usual choice of pillows etc. All in all a great stat to the evening. Every member of staff I spoke to was very polite and courteous and a credit to the hotel chain.

Room Tip: An upper room avoids any traffic noise
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Greek first
luton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

New hotel, lovely clean, tidy and surprisingly spacious room. Food was good standard so well worthwile staying. Only two gripes. One the lifts. You have ylto use your room card to use the lift but it is incredibly fiddly and myself and several other lift users spent ages trying to get them to work. My other only gripe is if you are a smoker there is no provision made for your comfort. Unless you coint the bus shelter outside the entrance. All in all a good place to stay though.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank hammered70
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Staff were wonderful, sorted out 2 rooms next to each other on the top floor, tucked away so we weren't disturbed. We were greeted by surprise helium balloons, card & chocs for my son's birthday! Rooms were clean & spacious. Breakfast was tasty & plentiful. Hotel is in a perfect location right in the centre of town, next to every amenity you could think of from shopping to eating to cinema. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sydney Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Great price, great location, good security. Easy to check in/check out. We only stayed overnight, but was well worth it. However trying to eat int he hotel was a let down. 'The kitchen' couldn't accommodate 2 guests who had travelled all day, were tired and didn't want to travel too far for a meal. why? They were expecting a table of 7. So, we spent our money around the corner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Booked a three night/four day city break at the Premier Inn, Buchanan Galleries for four after seeing it rated at no.1 for Glasgow on TA. Everything was spot-on - great value for three nights Fri-Sun, top breakfasts with really helpful and professional staff and our fourth-floor room looking staraight down Sauchiehall Street was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop! Cinema next door, two minutes walk to Theartre Royal on Saturday night and any amount of retail therapy and eateries the same distance. Hat's off to Premier Inn at Buchanan Galleries - our base for a fantastic three days in Glasgow!

Room Tip: We had family rooms 405 and 406 at the end of a corridor so no passing traffic and great views along...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries

I travel a lot and stayed here on business and actually what makes all the premiere inns 'good' for people like me is they are the same , you know you are getting a comfy bed, quite room , clean room (most often! ) and a good breakfast..

I like to review hotels based on a few things: Location, Clenliness, Amenities, Staff, Food / drink , Price

Location - 5/5
Needed to be in the city centre , so for me this is spot on , also near the shops. Here at Glasgow I arrived from the airport by bus, it was 35 mins from the number 500 shuttle bus straight from the airport and cost under a fiver. You are able to get off about 5 mins walk away , there are a few premier inns locally in Glasgow-this one is new and I would advise it above all the others

Cleanliness - 4/5
The Hotel is quite new, but already starting to look 'warn' As I would expect with premier inns quite good , the carpet in the room was stained and this was my only comment, but the sheets clean as was the pillow and the bathroom.

Amenities - 4/5
The Wi-Fi was £3 for 24 hours which worked well, bath , shower, TV, coffee / tea / biscuits in the room. And also a room with an iron which you could use on each floor. Each floor accessed by a lift with the reception kind of in the middle on level 3 or 4. In the rooms there was a plug socket near each bed side table with the lights accessible from the bed too which was good. The window could not be opened. When in the bar , there were very few plug sockets that reached a table - so take this in to account if you want to work / use a laptop.

Staff - 2/5 this was the let-down really.
Check in - I arrived around 11am and had to wait to check in till 2pm as the hotel had been full the night before - this was frustrating but to be fair I was not supposed to check in to 2pm… They told me to take a seat in the bar and someone would let me know when I could check in. I did this , and no one actually bothered to tell me (frustrating) I watched a few people 'check in' before I twigged I would be able to…

While in the bar - there was no one actually serving drinks (ok it was 11am but I'd expect in a city centre to get a coffee at this time of day )

While staying - did not need to talk to anyone so can't comment on this.

Breakfast - poor.. the hotel was clearly quite (odd as I was told it was full the day before ) and staff seemed sparse.. I had no one to seat me at a table (and most were dirty and not cleared away) so I found a seat myself, was annoying as this clearly annoyed the guy when I sat down as he then got quite flustered I as sat on a larger table set for 4, rather than a smaller one - I mentioned as kind of an apology saying sorry I could not find a clean one and think he took this as me being rude…

While checking out - What they do try to do to assist though is when checking out a guy is by the door meaning check out is quite and easy, you can also pre order a taxi which can pick you up outside, they are booked me a cab - but again it was annoying as no one bothered to tell me It had arrived so I had to 'hunt' up and down the taxi rank for the one with my name on it. I feel this could be a bit slicker and would not have taken much to tell me they have arrived.

Food and drink 2/5
As always the evening menu is typical 'pub rubbish' you're in a city centre go dine out… the food was overpriced and expensive. Breakfast (which is usually a positive about premier inn as we all like quality) was poor… as these sort of hotels are aimed (especially mid-week ) at business travellers and you want to be in in a rush not take your time. You would think the food was all ' ready to go ' I waited 10 mins for the hot options to get 'topped up' as they had run out of bacon and hash browns , despite being told ' it will be only a min' nothing turned up.

Price 3/5
This is a hard one really as ive stayed in these places (which are all the same really ) for £19.99 so when you pay £80 for a room when it seems quite it's hard to say its good value for money… I would not pay much more than £50 to stay in one myself really and it seems to be a lottery what price you do pay.

My experience
The hotel was new , but already starting to look rough around the edges, let down by the staff I fear. Only a little more effort needed to be made to make the place so much better. Breakfast was not topped up, check in staff could do better, Overall the hotel was what I expected, clean were it matters, and well located - it’s the one to pick in the centre as it’s the newest. The overall hotel was let down to me by the staff, who were either non-existent or clearly not that bothered in ensuring you had everything you needed, and at 'city centre prices' they should try that little bit harder. its not one for your romantic nights away, but its fine for business and when you need somewere to place your head for the evening.

Room Tip: Go 'up high' to ensure a quite nights sleep,
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tomk_bucks
Bathgate United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed for 1 night on 5th Dec for Christmas shop etc.
Managed to check in on arrival at 1pm, room up to usual Premier Inn standard.
Service on arrival friendly and helpful. Did not eat in or use the bar, too many excellent opportunities just a few minutes away. Still only 2 lifts working so sometimes a wait although I did notice that people could check out on the ground floor on the Friday morning.
Car parking was easy , we parked at Buchanan Galleries and from 1 pm Thursday to 11.30am on the Friday only cost £10 via the Hotel, we have spend more on a normal Saturday parking here.
Another bonus is it's right next door to Cineworld, so plenty of screens to choose from.
Despite previous assurances from visitors that there was no noise, traffic noise could be heard although this was not a problem.
If you can pick this up as a special deal then it is surely the bargain you have been looking for,
Overall a good experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple