“''It does what it says on the tin''”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries Hotel
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was my first experience of a Premier Inn--and I have to say I'm a convert!! It absolutly lived up to and delivered every thing Lenny Henry promises in the T V ads.
The self check in was easy even for an old wrinkly non techie like me-the room was spacious and immaculate--the bed was large and VERY comfortable. the bar and restaurant were excellent-nice ambience--good range--reasonably priced.
The location of this particular Inn is perfect--within 5 mins. max. walking distance of bus station , Queens St. rail station, shopping centre and Royal Concert Hall.
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be using Premier Inns more in the future.

Room Tip: being in city centre I guess rooms on the higher floors will be quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,137)

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Pros:
- Central location, within walking distance of train stations and shops
- Comfortable bed
- Quiet, clean room, no outside noise to disturb my sleep
- Arrived late at the hotel, but staff member was on hand to check me in speedily
- The usual Premier Inn security requiring you to swipe your pass to enter different parts of the hotel
- Opted for the cooked breakfast in the morning, good sized and filling portion

Cons:
- None

Overall, great value for money and a good night's sleep in central Glasgow. Would return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I thought its a budget hotel and expected least from it, it impressed me with its look and rooms where nice though it was small.

Location couldnt be better.

When checked inn , they wanted to charge me diggerent than the rate i booked the room and they even didny add brrakfast to the reservation, but it was good that i carried with me a copy of my reservation and they fixed the mistake.

Wifi is free for 30 minutes only each day, had to buy full day wifi access.resturant was fine, limited buffet though

The really important negative point here: there was no safety box in the room!!! I had to put my documents in a looked suitcase. Its strange as i dont remember i went to any hotel without a safe box.

There was no fridge to in case u consider this important , if u visited the hotel in summer

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I liked the location of the hotel as it is close to the train station, the bus station is also close by . The cinema is next to the hotel,and The Royal Concert Hall is close by. Shopping is within walking distance. I found the hotel very comfortable, clean , food was very good in the restaurant and staff were very helpful if you needed anything. I travel to Glasgow twice a year and will stay there again

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel is in a prime location to shops and restaurants.
I did not experience any disturbance from outside noise.
A great hotel and the staff are helpful and friendly.
Definitely worth staying at. Both check-in and check-out was problem free.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed there last year with a friend and I loved it! The room is big and the bed was massive! Very clean! Our room was very high up so we had a lovely view around Glasgow! Next time I am there I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed in Premier Inn Buchanan Galleries May 18th with my friend for a girlie night Theatre and overnight break would highly recomend staying here.The staff could not be more helpful . Only trouble we had was the swipe card would not work this was sorted quickly with a new card.