“Central and reasonably priced”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries Hotel
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday and was very impressed by the standard of this self-proclaimed 'budget' hotel. I've stayed in far more expensive hotels that have been far less comfortable and spacious than this one. My room was absolutely huge and surprisingly quiet, considering it was a weekend and there were lots of groups of men and women staying there.

If you're planning a shopping trip, it's very handily placed for the shops on Sauchiehall Street and for John Lewis and it's next to Cineworld and the Glasgow Concert Hall.

I'd definitely stay here again - great value for money at £41 per night.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katrina887
Write a ReviewReviews (3,136)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had a nice stay at this hotel with my Grandson to visit Walking with dinosaurs at the Exhibition Centre. Bedrooms were clean and fresh. I didn,t notice any noise from outside. The staff were very friendly and professional and were lovely to my 7 year Grandson who chats to everyone ! The dinner and breakfast were very good.. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

stayed there just before christmas for shopping it is beside the galleries, no noise issues as room was on 8th floor,a guy called john was on reception he was just great getting us perfect room, checking out cinema times etc, dinning staff also 1st class, i could notfault anything about this hotel ,i hope john isstill working there if i go back, maybe he is manager!

Room Tip: high up floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tphp21
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I just spent 4 nights at the Premier Inn - Buchanan Galleries and must say for a Budget Hotel we were extremely impressed! To start with the Staff are just wonderful - all very cheerful, chatty and there to go that extra mile for you! Location is perfect - walking distance to the train station and George Square where all the Tours seem to start from. Our room was a very good size, spotless and the bed very comfortable! Breakfast was excellent with lots to choose from cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts, hot breakfast choices. We ate dinner in the restaurant most nights and one night my meal was not to satisfactory (I won't bore you with the details) however they were very apologetic and took it off our bill. Having said that all our other meals were perfect. This hotel is brand new and quite modern. Checking in is a breeze also as there are check in Pods for those who are "savvy" however they do have a checkin desk also. This was a perfect choice for us!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aussies10
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is the first time I have used a premier inn and it was lovely! The room was every bit as comfy as most of the more expensive hotels. There was some building works going on overnight near reception and I could hear this vaguely from my 8th floor room but not enough to keep me awake. The fire alarm did go off in the middle of the night but this couldn't be helped and was handled efficiently by staff. I'll definitely be staying again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Hi stayed here for one night hotel very central right in the centre of Glasgow.The rooms were lovely and bathroom was spotless with plenty of soft towels.My room wasn't ready on check in time but the hotel gave us a complimentary breakfast which I thought was very generous I would recommend this premier inn but all premier inns I have stayed at have all been excellent

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here with my partner and her daughter to have a night away as a treat.

Absolutely wonderful! Location is right in the heart of Glasgows shopping streets, just round the corner from Buchannan street bus station, and just up the hill from Queen street train station.

We checked in using the self service machines, while staff were there to asssit if necessary.

The room was clean and spacious, the bathroom spotless. We were able to plug my laptop into the TV to watch films with no problems. Breakfast the next day had a great selection and staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views out over Glasgow.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family