“New Premier Inn in Glasgow”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries Hotel
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Once again I cannot fault this company, having just spent 2 nights in Glasgow at their newest Inn.
It was spotlessly clean, very comfortable and served great food. This is right in the heart of the city, a 2 minute walk from main bus station, Concert Hall and Pavilion Theatre and all main shops are within easy access just around the corner.
I managed to get a fantastic deal as I booked at just the right time - £19.00 per room per night!
Can't quite believe it still. Absolutely no hesitation in recommending this to anyone even at double the price. Staff were all polite and helpful also.

Room Tip: No kids activities provided or necessary- hit that by mistake so please disregard.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,132)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn last month for 2 nights. It is a new hotel (opened on 1 October) and we found it to be very comfortable as is the case with all Premier Inns. The hotel has 18 floors and is located right in the centre of Glasgow facing the Buchanan Galleries so it is ideally situated for shopping, concerts, nightlife and everything else you would wish for in the centre of Glasgow. We were originally offered a room on the 18th floor and while I would have loved the view, I was a little reluctant because of the time of year and was concerned of having to leave the hotel in an emergency (this is just one of my little worries). Anyway, we were moved to the 7th floor and still had a good view. The bedroom and bathroom were spotlessly clean. The beds were comfortable. Despite being in the city centre a couple of days vefore Christmas there was no outside noise whatsoever. The lifts can be a bit problematic at times as you have to put in your key to get the lifts working. Good idea for safety. However, people invariably put their keys in the wrong way so that caused delays at busy times. I have stayed in Premier Inns in Scotland and England and would have to say that this one compares well to the best of them. I didn't eat or drink in the hotel. However, both areas looked welcoming and I'm sure worth a try. Only one little problem that was overcome quickly by Debbie. We had 2 seperate bookings (one night and then another booking for the next night). We left our toiletries and some personal things in the room (we didn't bring our cases until the second night) however when we arrived back at the hotel all our things were missing. I immediately contacted Reception and our stuff was returned immediately. It would appear that our stuff had been placed in lost property so no harm done. Debbie handled the situation perfectly and I was more than satisfied. It was a mistake that anyone could have made. I would happily return and look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors (the hotel has 18 floors) provide excellent views over Glasgow.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed for two nights (Jan 5&6th).
A very clean, comfortable modern hotel in the city center, five minutes walk from both train stations and adjacent to Buchanan Street for shopping.
Staff very professional, friendly and helpful.
Impressed by the hotel security system.
Even though this hotel is in the heart of the city, there is no noise from passing traffic or revellers.
Can also enjoy a late night drink in a very cosy lounge which overlooks the main street.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ppd
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Premier Inns seem to currently be the best of the cheap hotel chains. This one is brand new, only opened a couple of months ago, and is situated round the corner from Buchanan Street bus station and about 5 min walk from Central Station (rail). It is next to largest cinema complex in Glasgow and very convenient for Buchanan Street (best shopping street) and Sauchiehall Street. You'll find lots of entertainment, excellent selection of eating places, and pubs within few minutes walk.
We were at a concert in Barrowland and got a fabulous deal on Premier Inn's own website. It's very tall (18 floors I think) with super speedy lift and fair restaurant and bar on first floor.

Room Tip: Try for uppper floor room as views are great. Our room had both double bed and bed settee and I thi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dominiesabroad
Reviewed January 4, 2013

excellent location, wonderful warm informative welcome, room spacious, bed comfortable temperature just right, clean and bright. no noise through the night, best sleep we have had in a city location hotel. Check out was efficient, happy to keep luggage for day, asked if we had a good stay and was there anything more they could do. overall excellent experience. We will be back.

Room Tip: stayed on 12 floor, no outside noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westcoasters4
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night in December, just before Christmas and were very impressed by this budget hotel. We have previously stayed in another premier inn but thought we would try this one as it was new.

The place was clean and tidy just as I would expect from a premier inn, and room was nice and bright. The location was perfect, right in the centre of town, and given that we only paid £19, it was a total bargain!

The staff at the hotel were very helpful and when I phoned up at 12 to ask if there was somewhere I could leave my bags (as check in didnt open til 2), the person I spoke to said that there was a room ready and he would reserve it so I could check in early when I arrived at 1.

The only issue we had was when we phoned reception for an iron which didnt arrive for 30minutes, by which time it was too late and we had to leave for the party we were attending. It wasn't a big issue though.

Premier inn offers wifi to guests, although it is only free for 30 minutes, after which it is £3 per day. It would be nice if it was free all the time for guests, however if this nominal charge of £3 means that guests can keep booking rooms for such low prices, then I'm happy to forgo free wifi.

Nice hotel, fab location, great price and helpful staff.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for Hogmanay and had a great time.

Friendly staff who moved us to the 18th floor when we asked, which gave great views across the city and meant we could watch several firework displays as the bells rang out!

The room was your standard Premier Inn in terms of space, super clean, good temperature control and working Freeview.

It was slightly noisy with people in corridors and toilets being flushed/showers being used but it didn't keep me awake or wake me up - just noticed it.

The location is fab, 2 min walk to Buchanan Bus Station and not far to anywhere else.

If I was to return to Glasgow I would stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012