“If you love fish, this the the plaice (pardon the pun!!)”

The Fish People Cafe
Ranked #14 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“If you love fish, this the the plaice (pardon the pun!!)”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

It's in an unusual location but well worth the visit... My husband and I had a wonderful meal and I can thoroughly recommend the desserts!!

• Korean first
Clydebank, United Kingdom
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just been tonight with my husband for my birthday. The food was wonderful. I had the Cullen skink which was the best I have ever tasted. The home made soda bread is a must too. My husband had the mussels which he polished off in no time. We then both had the sole fillets with the stir fried cabbage with shallots and bacon. It was absolutely gorgeous. We then had the apple and cinnamon rice pudding and coffees to finish it off. Service was excellent and we will definitely be back. I will be bringing my friends here very soon.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best fish restaurant in Glasgow”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

friends recommended The Fish people Cafe and four of us went last Sunday been in lots of fish restaurants but this beets them all the food was fantastic staff great decor lovely will certainly use many more times.

1 Thank Ken S
“A must visit wee gem”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My friend brought me here for a birthday treat. This was my first time ever to go to a Fish Cafe.
Firstly the name Cafe is not justified, it is the most elegant little place, with an amazing atmosphere, the smell of fresh flowers and the glow of candles really sets this place aside for me.

Staff, oozed manners and professionalism. On entering we were showed to our seat and immediately brought fresh water. I hate nothing more than restaurants trying to get a drink out of you before you have even had a change to look at the menu. I personally don't drink so feeling pressured to order a soft drink can be a bit of turn off for me. These guys were spot on bring the water.

Now, down to the food, firstly the selection on offer was plentiful. Reading through the menu, your mouth waters with the descriptions. I went for the Chilli Anchovies to start, along with a Shrimp Cocktail, for the main, I had the Monk fish Curry with Tiger Prawns and Butter Rice. My pal had the Fish Stew, which I also helped myself to, we also had a side of Home-made chips.

To finish off we shared an ice cream with butterscotch sauce.

The explosion of flavours is something I am not going to forget for a very long time. A must visit wee gem, that is also reasonably priced.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“....freshest fish...cooked to perfection.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This little gem appeared on the horizon only 5 months ago but already it is starting to turn heads. Seats only around 40, it is compact and set back from the road at Shields Road underground.

Place is modern and by its name you will appreciate that it serves mainly fish!! Service is excellent and friendly. Menu and wine list are small but with ample choice and the food is of the best quality.

Our party had cullen skink to start which was superb and a giant portion, sardines, which were well cooked, and a large plate of mussels.

Mains of fish and chips, which were the best we had tasted. Fish pie was heavenly and the baked sole looked magnificent and tasted fabulous. All was washed down with a couple of bottles of pinot grigio and finished off with coffee.

Difficult to find any faults. Great atmosphere. Only criticism is that they need to do something with the tables right at the door as with today's below zero temperature it is quite likely that someone will petrify or fossilize as the door opens.............