“Great family place”

Harvester Hillington
Ranked #646 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
“Great family place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My son loves this harvester.. The staff are all very good with kids..

The refillable drinks are great with kids as they cost £2.50 for unlimited amounts.!
As is the salad bar- my son loves to go fill his plate with sweetcorn and pineapple!!

The only thing I can comment on is the size of plates for the salad bar.. They're only slightly larger than a saucer so really don't hold very much so you end up using the small bowls and having to mix everything up if you want more than 2 different choices!
A little larger and you could keep your selection separate and less messy!!

I do understand that they are trying to save wasting food but these are really small and just not great!!!

• Visited March 2013
Harvester_Restaurant, Public Relations Manager at Harvester Hillington, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent visit.
Best regards
Harvester

Paisley, Scotland
“As expected”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife, daughter and I had our evening meal here on Easter Monday. We hadn't booked but on arriving at 7pm we had only a 5 mins wait to get a table despite the place being packed full. My wife and daughter both enjoyed their gammon and fried egg but perhaps I was picky. The plastic menus could have done with a good cleaning but maybe they had been well handled all day. I chose the all day breakfast at £6.95. The fried egg was very under cooked, both link sausages were badly burned as were the rashers of bacon ( which were mostly fat). I wouldn't go back but judging from how busy the restaurant was I am obviously in the minority. Despite all that the staff were pleasant and friendly and I left a 15% tip!

• Visited April 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your visit. We really do appreciate your feedback.
Regards
Harvester
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Decent enough when you know what to expect”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Staff were friendly enough, but well practised on asking you if you would like add-ons.

Food was predictable, but of a ok standard and portion size. Free, as much as you can eat salad bar is a good touch. Free top-ups on soft drinks is great for kids and drivers.

Decent venue for family meals, are with friends looking for a casual dining experience. Would not imagine is is great for a romantic meal.

1 Thank lappins
Glasgow
“Now we remember why we dont go there”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Last night feeling like a night out 14.3.13 , we popped 5 mins down the road to the local h
Harvester in HIllington, Glasgow. not the warmest welcome and the waitress was the most surly of waitresses I have come across for along time. So service not good but when the food arrived it went further down hill, special fish supper for my other half,,, it was not that special and peas you could have counted on your fingers. My mushrooms in sauce with cheese, had few mushrooms but a cheeses topping that i had to scape off so i could taste the mushrooms and garlic sauce, the garlic bread...well i found why the outside smelt of old burnt oil it was what they cooked my pitta bread in!
Wont forget the reason we dont go again in a hurry as we learnt our lesson the hard way!
music was for the younger tastes despite the majority of clients being in the older age group,, so the music is for the staffs benefit not the clients

If you are considering here for food think again and try somewhere else,

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Tricia_gla_uk
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Would go again due to decent food and good service.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on 02/03/13 for table of 7, including 1 toddler and 1 baby.
I have posted photos of the salad bar.
We ordered 3 portions of cheesy garlic bread to have between us (2 slices per portion). The slices were fairly big almost like an entire slice of bread and just as well, as it was really good.
I had bacon cheeseburger with mash. The mash appeared to be prepared off-site, reheated style but it was okay.
Staff were friendly and willingly to accommodate various requests.
My baby niece had a jar of baby food- the menu says they carried a selection of Heinz jars but that day they only had 2 options of 1 4 month+ and 1 7month+. However that may have just been that day, and they might have bigger selections normally. But she enjoyed her jar of 7month+ food.
My toddler nephew had from the childrens menu The Combo which was 4 chicken strips with potato wedges and beans. The menu said that The Combo was choice of 2 of the following: 2 chicken strips, 2 sausages or roast chicken but our waitress kindly checked if he could have it as 4 chicken strips- to which the chef agreed. He had as his desert banana and toffee sundae. After getting in a lot of mess we got a bowl from the salad bar and poured it all in. I would recommend all parents do this at the start as the dish was overflowing and ice cream dripped everywhere, especially as small mouths can take a while to eat.
I had for desert a favourite of mine no matter where I go- Caramel Apple Tart.
On the menu it said it came with custard, but again waitress accommodated my request to have ice cream instead.
It was delicious and only fault- I would have loved another slice! But I was too full anyway so am glad of the portion size. I would recommend you try it.
The only overall fault, which I personally can't comment on was my brother's comment- that the gents could have been cleaner and due to that he couldn't go.
However when I was in the ladies it was clean.
I hope that I can go back sometime to here.

1 Thank LoveWesties_11