“not enough staff”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We waited ages for table then had to wait ages for cutlery once at table. Everything we asked for was not available. We had 4th choice of meal and 3rd choice of wine. We then waited ages to get the bill Too many tables and not enough staff.

There are newer reviews for Harvester Hillington

Reviewed January 28, 2013

had a nice wee meal for 6 of us on sat the 26th, food and service was all good, gina our waitress was nice, food was tasty, i had the mixed grill and was good, wee mixed salad to start (free when you order a mail meal ) all in all a nice night and nice food, only thing was the tips all go to the waiting staff, as a chef myself i feel a wee tad bad the chefs dont get a share, so mind and get the chefs a wee beer, i will be back soon,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is so good, I registered to receive emails from this restaurant and received 20 percent my future bill. I took my family on Sunday and the food was really good. If you order a mail meal you can receive a salad at the salad bar. Omg after the salad I was full up. I order the breast
Of chicken in coated in bread crumbs it was really moist and had tasted lovely. We then had a desert each, fab but I think the next time we go we will share the desert (really big). All we paid was £47 and that was four adult meals, desert and drinks. I would defiantly recommend this restaurant to a friend.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have eaten twice at Harvester and both times we experienced the same treatment. It took ages for our wat staff to come offer us drinks. Then after they did it took ages for the (teas) to be served. It took a further age for our wait staff to take our order and took a whole lot longer than it should for the meal to make it ot the table. You'd need the patience of Job to visit this restaurant. That said, the pre-entree salad bar was good. In fact that was the best part of our meal. I ordered fish and it was good except that it was overy greasy. So all in all it's not a place I'm thinking of returning too.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went for the festive menu and decided on the turkey thinking that it would be the real deal...nope! Seemed like we were served a turkey roll, with soggy vegatables. Not impressed at all. Reluctant to go back to be honest.