“spacious modern accommodation in central location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olympic House Apartments

Olympic House Apartments
Ranked #30 of 49 Specialty Lodging in Glasgow
Melbourne
“spacious modern accommodation in central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place is right in the centre of Glasgow, just across George Square from Queen Street station. This is an excellent location in close proximity to the main shopping centres/streets of Glasgow as well as many restaurants, bars and cafes. Although in an older style building, the apartments have recently been refurbished with modern kitchen, bathroom, and furnishings. They are also very spacious, particularly lounge/dining room area and bedroom. Kitchen is fully equipped with dish washer, washing machine/dryer, oven/cook top and microwave, with generous supply of crockery, cutlery and other utensils. Extremely good value at GBP67.50 per night when booked through Expedia. Only negative was lack of instructions on how to gain access to the building when arriving out of hours.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
michellebrownmax, General Manager at Olympic House Apartments, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
We are pleased you enjoyed you stay at Max . Thank you for your comments regarding instructions for access to the building after hours and this should have been on your booking confirmation and my apologiess if it wasnt. We are proud of our city centre locations and apartment benefits. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for choosing MAX.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 9 nights recently as we were getting our bathroom repaired.
On first arriving, I found the self check in very straight forward and got my key from the safe as instructed on my welcome e-mail.
I found the apartment to be very clean, fresh and a decent size for staying 9 nights. We only had a couple of issues while staying, 1 the plug in the sink got stuck and we needed an extra key. (odd that if they know 2 people are gong to be staying they only give you 1 key?) I called Frank about the issues and the plug was fixed the same day and he left a spare key in the apartment for us for the remainder of our stay. I never saw Frank once while there as I was working, but he came across as very pleasant on the phone.
The location of the apartment was excellent right in the city centre, only issues with that is you can hear noise until early morning especially at the weekend, but the bed was comfy so that helped us get a good night's sleep each night. The pillows were very flat though, would have liked a thicker 1.
The shower was very powerful, but you only get 1 bath and 1 hand towel per person for the whole stay so I would suggest you bring some of your own too. The washer drier was excellent.
the TV has free view channels and the wifi worked well. One night it was down for a few hours but was soon fixed so we were not without wifi for long.
I would recommend these serviced apartments as a great alternative for a hotel if you are staying for longer than a few days. It was great to have a separate living space and bedroom and the couch was comfy after a hard day's work!

Room Tip: The higher floor you are on the better night's sleep you will get as you are further away from t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Max Olympic House Glasgow. We work hard to ensure all guests enjoy their time with us and we are proud of our city centre locations and apartment benefits.Thank you for choosing Max apartments and I hope that your bathroom is now fixed. We hope to welcome you back to this or another of our many locations throughout the country soon. MAX.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

So easy to find!!! Amazing
Great apartment. Stayed there for 3 nights. The first time. 4 nights the second..loved it mostly because it had a great central heating system. Very Cosey. Frank is very lovely and helpful. Check in was no problem at all. So easy. I arived around 15:30 And i didnt need any other assistance then that.There wasn't any problems really the Internet was great and worked fine all over the apartment.

I come to Glasgow quite often and I would defiantly recommend Olympic house apartments I was really comfortable. Would defiantly stay again and again and again...enjoyed my stay. Very spacious.

The central heating is beautiful.. overall lovely!!

Would defiantly stay again. And I don't usually write reviews.

Room Tip: Aparment are all lovely.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nanixo
Thank you for your positive feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stays at Max Olympic House Glasgow. We work hard to ensure all guests enjoy thier time with us and we are proud of our city centre locations and apartment benefits and also our staff who are the face of the business. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for choosing MAX.