“My Son so loved this”

Glasgow Climbing Centre
Ranked #18 of 50 Fun & Games in Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The award winning Glasgow Climbing Centre offers a unique rock climbing experience, for people looking for a new sport to enjoy, or for existing climbers just arrived in Glasgow. We make full use of the converted church we are in, with climbing routes stretching up into the original oak beamed ceiling. We offer Bouldering, Top/Bottom roped climbing and Lead climbing with route graded from beginner to elite. Our great eatery, The Balcony Cafe, offers something for climbers and non climbers alike, with alternate vistas of climbing and original stained glass windows. This year we are Hit Listed by The List, as one of the finest cafes in Glasgow.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My Son so loved this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We booked this for my sons 10th birthday and he and his friends lived it. They done abseiling, wall climbing inside and bouldering inside. The staff are so informative and laid back. Great for sporty kids or even kids who would loved to try the abseiling and the wall climbing for the first time. We also had a party food package which was amazing the cafe staff are second to none and are so obliging. Anything that's not finished they wrap up for you to take home. I totally recommend this place even if you want something to do to get fit also. One if the best party's my son has ever had!

Visited February 2014

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Old Climbing Newbie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I decided at Christmas time 2013 I was going to try something new and as a sensible development from my hill walking and scrambling activities, decide to learn how to climb - eventually mountains.

I booked the course online as it was cheaper but spoke with the team at GCC first of all to make sure i was on the right course (intro to Climbing for Adults). 12th Feb seemed to take forever to come along but last night it did and I had an amazing time.

The other guys on the course with me were fairly well seasoned at this sort of thing but Eve, our instructor spent loads of time with me and helped me when I couldn't find the right footholds etc. which was fairly often.

Before the night was over i could do loads of things albeit by 9.15 i was shattered and had run out of energy.

I've now booked the second part of the course (included in the price) which makes it incredible value and can't wait to be "passed" as competent so I can get started to get better at this sport.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank John F
Paisley, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Santa-themed Abseil”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

A friend bought me a groupon for a Santa-themed abseil for my birthday which I really enjoyed. The centre itself is in a converted church and they've done a great job, they also have a nice wee cafe on the balcony which is where we waited for our instructor. He was very pleasant but I did feel it was all a bit rushed especially as I had never abseiled before, the instructor explained that they have hour long time-slots so we have to be quick. We were taken to the room to put on our harnesses then it was up the bell tower to abseil out the window (which was very cool and not high at all which is good for first-timers). The abseil itself took about 60 seconds and the instructor is very good at talking you through it. As the title suggests you are supposed to do it in a santa suit but nobody mentioned a suit at the time so we didn't wear one but I personally was not bothered about that. The reception staff were very friendly and the lady (perhaps Eastern-European by her accent??) who had been chatting away to my dad while he waited on me offered to get me a suit and take my picture in it afterwards which was very nice of her.

Visited December 2013
Glasgow Scotland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Drive you up the wall!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went here with my two twenty something sons & had a great laugh.
I left them standing with my outstanding agility, as I flew up the wall.
Recommend it for dads & lads & also younger kids who are into a wee bit of adventure.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DonnieGaul
Tobermory, Isle of Mull
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for both beginner and advanced climbers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Very friendly staff, good music for motivation, good variation of levels, tasty food upstairs in the cafe- a great way to spend a couple of hours! The only negative is that it's a little expensive.

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction