“Great tofu!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I first encountered this restaurant at the Science Mela when I got tofu from their kiosk. I made a point of visited the actual Hanoi bike shop for dinner and it was so good I went back again the same weekend! The tofu dishes are delicious. The only issue is that the portions are not so large and I was still hungry and getting extra portion is quite expensive. The restaurant is very casual and seating upstairs is not very comfortable but staff are very friendly and helpful giving the place a good atmosphere.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I had never tried proper Vietnamese food before and was pleasantly surprised. Staff were very friendly and helpful in explaining the food /menu.

1  Thank Ruaraka
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My friend had been raving about Hanoi Bike Shop for months so I gave it a try yesterday on a trip to Glasgow. Oh My Goodness! The food was stunning, fresh, vibrant and flavourful without being overly rich and heavily seasoned. The waitress was extremely helpful and walked us through the menu advising where she thought dishes clashed and letting us know when she thought we'd selected the right amount of food for 2 from the tapas style sharing dishes rather than letting us over order. The decor is minimalist and fun without being pretentious, and still comfortable and relaxed. With 4 of the tapas dishes, 2 side orders and 2 beers we left the building absolutely replete, totally happy and less than £20 each the poorer for one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long time. I'm already thinking about how quickly I can go back.

1  Thank lynnie1515
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I've had lunch at the Hanoi Bike Shop several times and despite the fact that I personally didn't like every single dish i tried (yeah, it happens), the ones that I did like were truly amazing (tip: try the Tofu- it's home made and delicious; braised ox cheeks, anything with pork belly). I would recommend this restaurant to anyone willing to try something new- Vietnamese food is quite unique and combines lots of different, fresh flavours.
Another thing I can hardly get over is the smell. I know it comes from the fish sauce, and I'm sure people will forget about it once they taste the food.

1  Thank diaguth
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We are lovers of Vietnamese food and were pleased with this restaurant. Walking down Ruthven Lane, we could see a dimly lit building with an old bicycle leaning against the wall. Intrigued, we entered and found a busy, casual restaurant with helpful service. We sat near the kitchen enjoying the hustle and bustle. The food was good but not quite what we are used to in family run Vietnamese restaurants. Pricey for this type of food.