“good evening vietnam....”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“good evening vietnam....”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Pretty good.....go there..be brave,,,don't be shy to ask for the correct tools...if you know what I mean.

• Visited January 2014

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Love it here”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My new favourite place to eat. We came here for Christmas work night out, I loved the relaxed atmosphere and the food was spot on

• Visited December 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“Not like in the USA but pretty good”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was interested to try the Scottish version of pho. It resembled what I'm used to in NYC and Boston but the broth was much less complex and the whole dish didn't seem to cohere the way it does in the US. But service was friendly and reasonably fast and the restaurant, just off Byres Road, is really convenient to the Hunterian Art Museum and Collection at the University.

• Visited November 2013
Stranraer
“Good service but food mediocre. Overall impression just after the money.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Welcome very friendly. Decor simplistic but ending up looking cheap. The prawn crackers and spicy satay dip was acceptable. House Spanish wine again bargain basement. The curry was good, but rice was overdone and solid. The phu or noodle soup was even worse, with tasteless prawns, collagenous and overdone flavourless squid; complemented by overdone noodles. To be fair, we were asked if everything was ok, but early on. In hindsight, I should have complained, but the waitress asked directly if we wished to add gratuity to the bill, so I left nothing, a rare occurrence. May just have been a bad night, and had the food been better, who knows? Obviously others had better experience; the bill was not extortionate, so maybe worth a punt.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Outremer14
Warsaw, Poland
“Delicious and authentic”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Food was absolutely delicious! We ordered spring rolls, I had a pho with pork and beef and my mom ordered a great fish soup off the specials. I spent a few weeks in Vietnam this summer and have been craving authentic pho ever since, after a few average tries I found this place, which was fantastic!
The only slight mistake that occurred was that I was given the wrong pho but one of the waitresses came back quickly to apologize and to tell me that she'll get me the original pho bo straight away, but as I wasn't fussed I stuck with the pork and beef one which tasted amazing. I will definitely be coming back to try the original one! :)

• Visited November 2013