“Poor service”
Review of World By Lens - CLOSED

World By Lens
More attraction details
Owner description: World By Lens photography workshops and tours are designed to pass on our own extensive knowledge of photography whilst giving you the keys to unlock your creativity. By combining technical camera skills with the tools we give you to tap into your creative genius, our workshops will help you become a dynamic and well-rounded photographer.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I tried on several occasions to organise a bespoke tour with this company. Each time I contacted them I had to follow up for a response some time later. They did not follow through at all and subsequently I gave up trying. Very poor service from a company with otherwise great reviews.

4  Thank TrinaH457
WorldByLens, Owner at World By Lens, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

We are extremely sorry for your negative experience with us. The company owner had a period of ill health, in which time the business was not running at its optimum . Thankfully, normal service has been restored.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went on Mark's workshop on Saturday 23rd February 2013. I would thoroughly recommend anyone wanting to learn more about photography to go on one of these. Perfect for me as it has given me the confidence to now keep my camera on manual mode and experiment with aperture, shutters speed etc. Mark is really good at explaining all the technical aspects that can put the beginner off. His passion and love for photography and sharing this with others shines through. I'll certainly be signing up for any more workshops Mark offers.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Learnt so much on this morning workshop that I would def recommend for anyone interested in learning about photography.
Mark was patient and a brilliant teacher!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Mark taught me & group how exposure worked and how to understand the camera. Also composition and professional tips.
Lots of info. Thanks to Mark for his patience and great insight.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I can only echo what everyone else has already said. Mark is a wonderful teacher, and a really nice guy too! I had been looking to make the jump from (amateur) portrait photography to landscapes - and Mark made me feel like I could most definitely do it. It's a brilliant wee day out, and I can't recommend it enough.
Highly enjoyable, incredibly informative, and paced to whatever level you happen to be at. If you already have a decent understanding of the principles of photography Mark will use the time to take you further.
If you're a beginner you will feel liberated by the knowledge you are going to leave with.
Switch off your pre-sets and have fun!