“Pre-Holiday food & drinks”

Beardmore Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #1,696 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: British
scotland!
“Pre-Holiday food & drinks”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

When we arrived it was extremely busy and a long wait for food. We didn't mind as it was on-route to our Holidays so were willing to wait the half hour on it. The food was pretty average, cant really complain - nothing special though. What shocked us though was the amount of dust! On the wood/surround to seating area and shelving- it was very very dusty. We did mention to a member of the team, who advised it would be done that night. So at least they positively responded. We wouldn't rush back to this restaurant though. The Staff were friendly and helpful who served us.

• Visited June 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Prices okay by airport standards, but food is very poor!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Have eaten here a few times in recent months, most recently in early July 2013. Staff have also been friendly and helpful. I also like the fact that it has tables in booths and that you can plug your laptop/phone into the power sockets in the booths.

The choice of food on the menu is pretty decent and the prices are pretty much okay by airport standards. However, I have to agree with other reviewers to say that the food is pretty awful. It is usually overdone and/or dripping of old cooking oil (I really felt queasy after fish and chips ...). The restaurant manager needs to have a word with the chef about the oil being used and the techniques being used to prepare/cook/present the food! I've eaten in a few airport restaurants in my time, and I know that the food doesn't need to be this bad! I've given it a few chances now, but I don't think it's worth giving it any more.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Chasse13
Glasgow
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

One of the worst meals I have ever had overpriced undercooked and poor service. £32 for 2 adult breakfasts with drinks (warm) and coffee (cold) . Customer service negligible. If you are flying from Glasgow Airport make sure you avoid

Visited June 2013
1 Thank PazGlasgow
Prague, Czech Republic
“No Waiting”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had a meal here while waiting for my flight to Heathrow. As I was on my own and with a rucksack I was annoyed at having to order at the bar. I found the prices were quite consistent with airport prices. There was a reasonable selection of food available.

After placing my order and getting my glass of wine I sat at a table which had a good view of the runway and the airfield. The bar had some music playing in the background. As it was not loud it was not intrusive. I only had to wait about 10 minutes for my order which was quite good. I had ordered a pasta and had been given garlic bread with my pasta. It was quite tasty.

The pub had the normal pub décor and one could think it was an ordinary pub and not an airport pub/restaurant. I did notice that the tables were clean and well maintained.

In my opinion it was somewhere I would revisit.

• Visited August 2012
glasgow
“bad start”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

am gonny keep this short and sweet four of had breakfast at Glasgow airports beardmores restaurant it was very expensive freezing cold and tasteless .We wont do that again.

• Visited March 2013