“This is a fantastic oriental restaurant”
Review of Lychee Oriental

Lychee Oriental
Ranked #46 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Winner of the Best Oriental Restaurant 2015 in the Glasgow Awards,winner best Newcomer Category in the Glasgow Restaurant Awards 2012 & winner of the Best Asian Restaurant in Scotland 2013 award, Lychee Oriental is a hidden gem down Glasgow's Mitchell Street which is fast becoming a hub for fine dining. It strikes the perfect balance of being central enough to be convenient but not amongst the hustle and bustle that will distract you from your meal. Lychee Oriental offers the perfect venue for that business lunch or to enjoy a fine meal with friends, family or that special someone.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“This is a fantastic oriental restaurant”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Visited this restaurant with 3 colleagues and all of us were amazed to find such a fantastic hidden gem in Mitchell Street. The staff are courteous and very friendly and can't do enough to make sure everything goes well. As previous reviews have mentioned the decor is stunning and far superior to most city centre restaurants. Tables are well laid out and there are booth tables for privacy if required. We ate from the lunch special menu which has a great selection and unlike competitors does not charge extras for tiger prawn dishes etc. I had the spicy chicken wings for starter and these were delicious. The mains were tiger prawns with ginger and chilli sauce again fabulous taste and very well presented. If you are in the town and like oriental food you need to get in here.

1 Thank Glasgowsainty

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“OMG”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Came here on a recommendation from one of my friends on 23/11/2012 and was blown away when we arrived, the decor was stunning and not like your typical Chinese restaurant.
The atmosphere was very relaxed and the staff were really attentive.
The food was simply out of this world, highly recommend the steamed scallops for starters, simply awesome.
For the mains we simply could not decide at first but opted for the beef & asparagus and OMG, each mouthful was divine. Had a taste of my friends steam halibut and looking back I wished I had ordered that instead.
After our meal, we opted to try couple of the oriental cocktails and the barman is a genius, Lychee Cosmo & Singapore Slings were out of this world! Plus he was pleasing in the eye too.
All in all, def recommend this place to anyone, will def be back again, hopefully sooner rather than later.

1 Thank Eddie C
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic interior, fantastic service, fantastic food, fantastic presentation...”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Went here on 23/11/12 with my mum and we both had the traditional Chinese curry which was absolutely beautiful. Really nice atmosphere with extremely attentive and smiley staff. It was really nice to hear almost every other table compliment their presentation and food too. Will definitely be back very soon. Highly Recommend. I've always felt Glasgow was lacking a good Oriental restaurant. Not now!!!

1 Thank Lee C
Glasgow
“One Not to Miss”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Visited this hidden gem of a restaurant for lunch during a heavy day of Christmas shopping in Glasgow, and we are so glad we found it.

Great menu, with lots of choice, and the food we consumed was excellent.

The restaurant was very clean, and very oriental themed, and the staff were excellent from start to finish.

keep up the good work, we will be back soon

Kilmarnock, Scotland
“Hidden Gem, one of Glasgows best kept secrets”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visited The Lychee Oriental on 24th November and I only have good things to say about this restaurant. The location is great right in the heart of the city centre, the decor/surroundings are lovely, service was fantastic, attentive but not overbearing, great menu and the food was just to die for. It is also very reasonably priced too. The starter of mixed sharing platter was gorgeous and our mains were great too. For many years I have considered the Ho Wong as the best Chinese restaurant in Glasgow but I really think the Lychee is a strong challenger for the top spot offering a better location, better service and more reasonably priced menu. So far I think Lychee is one of Glasgow's best kept secrets, but I have a feeling it won't be for long, so get in early while you can!!