“Don't bother with delivery!!”
Review of Cailin's Sushi bar

Cailin's Sushi bar
Ranked #1,385 of 2,490 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

So I ordered my food over an hour a go and it's still not here!! They Keep saying saying on the phone it will only be 10 mins etc over and over again.. Not happy with service at all!! And after reading the food comments on here I'm glad I cancelled it after an hour!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Probably the cheapest sushi I've ever eaten, but the quality is low as well.
I went there and took away the food. The service was quite fast (but I was the only customer of the place), and the girl was nice.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Having heard a lot of good things about this place we decided to try it for our Friday night take away. We ordered a beef teryaki bento box which was cold when it arrived an the teryaki had a gloopy salty gravey on it, altogether rather unpleasant. there was a "portion" of rice, a small salad and two nushi rolls with fish sticks. This was the most disappointing dish of the night in taste and size and definitely not worth £9.
The half volcana roll was again made with fish sticks rather than real fish. it was well constructed, just not our taste.
The half tempra roll would have been nice fresh but as it was cold when it arrived it was entirely soggy.
The Miso soup was absolutely lovely, but again cold so we re heated it.
The crispy salmon skin rolls were soggy, again this may have been due to late delivery.
The chicken dumplings were cold again might have been nice hot.
The seared tuna salad was really nice.
For our nigri sushi we got
Cuttlefish - similar to squid, a bit chewy but very fresh.
Clam -very chewy, did not seem too fresh
Green tea icecream - not great, not terrible but at £4 for 2 scoops I was really unimpressed.
I would try the food again on premise but delivery does not work - the hot food is not packaged in a way to keep it warm so it's ruined when it arrives especially on a Friday night when delivery took 90 minutes.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stopped in here last night for some takeaway on the way home as I'd passed it when out running and the thought of fresh sushi was too good to resist. We got a selection of sashimi, nigiri and some gyoza and although the fish was fresh enough and the gyoza were lovely there was just something lacking. It was the portion size. The sashimi slices were minuscule, each about the size of my thumb nail. I thought that maybe I'm out of touch with the cost of fish as the sashimi cost about £8 for 10 pieces but then I remembered that I could get a side of salmon from costco for £13, so maybe I'm not so out of touch. We got some onigiri (rice balls) and in my eyes they were too big. It was odd to see such small portions of sushi but such large onigiri. Maybe it was because it was a Sunday night and it was about 8 o'clock and they didn't have a lot of fish left that the portions were small. Or it could be that this is just how they are as they were making up platters when we were in waiting for our order. All in all I felt pretty unsatisfied after eating this which is a shame as it reminded me so much of little restaurants I've been in when in Japan.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Fresh sushi, soups and noodles. very relaxed service and dining experience. no heirs or graces about this place but very clean, very attentive and quick. cheap enough.

1  Thank therealview