“Day Highland and Loch Ness Experience”

Highland Experience Glasgow - Day Tours
Oban and the West Highlands Day Trip from Glasgow
Ranked #22 of 77 Tours in Glasgow
Maynooth, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Day Highland and Loch Ness Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had an amazing time on this tour, the Highlands were gorgeous and our tour guide really brought the land to life for us. I got as much as I could have out of the short 2 days I was in Scotland

Visited November 2012
4 Thank Katie G

Millersburg, Ohio
“The Skye Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I greatly enjoyed the Skye Experience with Highland Experience. Our tour guide Eddie was the Best guide. He did a awesome task of showing us the magnificence beauty of Skye, Eilean Donan Castle, and many other places in the Scottish Highlands. I thoroughly enjoyed the walks in Skye to see the beautiful vistas. He was very knowledgeable, kind, and helpful in giving us a hand in the more rugged elevations. I would like to take this tour again and would advise anyone to do so. Thanks again to Highland Experience and especially to Eddie for being a great guide and friend.
With kindest regards,
Elizabeth Coblentz

Visited September 2012
4 Thank Elizabeth C
Houston, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A tour of Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, and Whiskey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

The tour guide was also the bus driver. Eddie was his name. He knew some great stories and facts. Another positive he was excellent with controlling talkative loud tourist. He played some nice Scottish music when he had to concentrate on his driving. He also gave the members of the tour who did not want to tour the Whiskey distillery an alternative. Please realize Stirling Castle and the Whiskey tour has entrance fees.

Stirling Castle was the best Castle tour I have been on. There were people dressed in period costume and acting out various characters. We had miniture recordings that we could choose to listen at each site. But they also had a person that could give you a tour. This is the only castle I have been in that you can take pictures.

Loch Lomond was the other stop. Loch Lomond is beautiful. However I wished the tour guide would have told us more. This is the only critism I have.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank CecileK3
East London, South Africa
“Highlands Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Scotland! The highlight of our stay definitely had to be the three day Isle of Skye tour we did, guided by Steve. His knowledge of the history and passion for the job was amicable and made the experience that much more enjoyable! We really got a feel for the Scottish culture on this tour. I would advice anyone considering a highlands tour to definitely do it.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Zianca
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ridiculous - didn't even show up!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

My cousin was over from Canada and wanted to tour Scotland but only had a limited time to do so. We chose the Loch Ness tour from Highland Experience having read the brochure in the Visit Scotland office in Glasgow, where I live. I booked the tour online and we showed up on George Sq at 7:45 in the morning ready to depart for the tour, which was supposed to leave at 8:00. Waiting there for half an hour everyone else had boarded their buses for their tours and we were still waiting there. When I eventually phoned the no. on my booking form, the person from Highland Experience told us the tour had been cancelled, and this was the first we'd heard about it. They said they had tried to phone the number I gave them but I have no record of this call. Another tour guide even said that Highland Experience have a reputation for not showing up. Fortunately he had space on his bus so we still got to go to Loch Ness, but as I did not get an instant refund from Highland Experience I had to find an ATM (in the pretty secluded hills of Scotland), take an additional £74 out of my account to pay for the other tour. Both me and my cousin are pretty young and this was the first time I'd booked something like this. My whole experience with Highland Experience was a complete joke, they were extremely unprofessional and I would never use them again.

Visited March 2012