“beats Rabbies hands down!”

Highland Experience Glasgow - Day Tours
$381.27*
3-day Isle of Skye and Scottish Highlands Small-Group Tour from Glasgow
Ranked #23 of 85 Tours in Glasgow
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This is the second time I have taken someone visiting me in Scotland on a bus trip. The first time I went with Rabbies and the tour guide (I think his name was John?) was friendly enough but didn't give very much information. He claimed that people wouldn't be interested in history anyways and when questioned he didn't seem that knowledgeable. It was mostly music the entire time so often we weren't even sure what we were looking at. Just went on a trip up to Oban with Mev from Highland Experience and it was a million times better! He was also friendly and managed to mix giving us information with giving us time to appreciate the views on our own. When people asked off topic questions Mev was full of information. It was a great trip. I would definitely choose to go with Highland Experience again. The bus was comfortable and the size of the tour group was good as well. The only downside is that we caught the bus in Glasgow so you should know that the start time is approximate as it actually starts out in Edinburgh. If you go from Glasgow you miss a little of the tour. Mev incorporated the new people pretty easily though.

5  Thank Siobhan C

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I paid in advance by card (at 10 am the morning before) for the Castles, Lochs & Whisky "experience" tour from Glasgow. It was intended to be our "Golden Farewell" to Scotland (on our last day there). At 7 pm we get a message at our hotel from Highland Experience, saying that "our tour was cancelled" ! Imagine my stress and disappointment ! On the phone they told me not to worry, that I had to make my claim and, eventually, I would have my money back But who wants money back in compensation for frustrating your prepaid tour expectations?
I was at a loss. I had promissed my husband we would do the tour he wanted on the last day, so I asked the person from this company for any options. They told me "there is no tour from us departing tomorrow" (which proved to be their lie Nº2, because we met many of their buses touring around the following day), and this employee suggested we called "some other company" instead.
I had to spend a lot of my valuable vacation time (and money too) making tiring and extrenous calls in order to arrange for my money back. My calls nonwithstanding, It took at least 20 days for the refund. I waited for 60 days for a call or a mail, or a true excuse (not another lie) from them. Nothing came. So I am writing this review to warn the tripadvisor community bnecause If this awful experience is to be of any use to those wishing to enjoy Scotland's scenery in a high class tour, I suggests you pay attention to this company's "personal advice" to me ... and contact a more serious company instead.

4  Thank Viajera-del-62
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and I booked a tour with Highland Experience to Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, and the Glengoyne Distillery. We booked it leaving from Glasgow, and the day before the tour they called and told us the tour was canceled due to too few participants. We were very upset, because this left us with nothing to do and no plans! I started calling other tour companies and eventually found a competitor that guaranteed departures no matter what. We went with them and had a WONDERFUL time.

The bottom line is that if you book with Highland Experience, do so at your own risk, because they may cancel on you with less than a day's notice. I would recommend against using such an unreliable company.

2  Thank Nojesrom
Reviewed May 15, 2010

This was my first trip to Scotland and my companion's 2nd .Our hotel recommended several tours and were especially keen on this particular tour company because of all the great feed-back from the hotel's guests. We only had 6 days in Glasgow and so a day in the Highlands seemed reasonable to take on. I left the chosing to my companion Peggy and she chose the Loch Lomond, Oban and back from Glasgow...To our great travel god's fortune we had Chris and our guide(and teacher) .When you read other reviews about Chris and his knowledge, openness about everything around you and you most of all. You just understand he's a person of the world and more importantly of Scotland and the Highlands...We are looking forward to going back on an extended tour with Chris to tap his great knowledge and friendship for even more good times in the Highlands and if you mention your Scottish ancestry he opens his heart even more to you...He's a brother and a Lad. The day was too short and I look forward to touring around the Highlands again with Chris and sit at the feat of the Master Highland Guide and friend. YOU'RE BRILLIANT LAD , JUST BRILLIANT !! I love this tour company PERIOD !!! You made Scotland my new home away from home .
your willing travelers : J D Mitchell and Peggy Gertz

friend us on facebook ( John-David Mitchell )

1  Thank Ladsafoot
Reviewed April 27, 2010

The Highland Experience one-day tour we took from Glasgow up to Loch Ness was absolutely amazing. Our tour guide Eddie had an unbelievable knowledge of the area, the history and a fascinating and interesting story for every place we visited or drove past. I would highly recommend this to anyone!! Thanks so much Eddie, we had an amazing day! Matt & Nat.

3  Thank nataliekay5553