“Let down by the food...”

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #1,778 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cholsey, United Kingdom
“Let down by the food...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Went in today for breakfast before flying to Barra. Thw menu and prices seemed a good.offering compared to the other's at the airport.
The waiter was very friendly throughout and welcomed me, and served me quickly and efficiently.
They were happy for me to swap breakfast items which was good.
My full breakfast.came.quickly- and was certainly hot enough. However, I thought it was pretty.poor quality- the bacon was tough and pretty tasteless whilst the beans were tasteless and the sausage soggy. It tasted pretty mediocre.
Going by that and other reviews, i'd probably try somewhere else next time.

• Visited April 2013

UK
“The best eggs benedict ever!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went here with my son for breakfast and he has never stopped raving about it! He had an eggs benedict and loved it and as it was his first I wasn't sure if he would like it, but he said it was perfect! I would definetly go back with my son as we loved it!!!

• Visited February 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went to Frankie and Benny's with my friends and it was a disaster from the start to end! Service was slow, we had to wait for starters to arrive for more than 30 minutes (the place was empty - now I know why). Main courses were cold when they arrived... Not a good experience!

• Visited February 2013
Kilsyth, United Kingdom
“Not great”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

For a chain restaurant they are ok but just ok. On my last trip my meal came with corn on the cob, the top of it looked ok but the rest of it was dark brown, when I pointed his out the waitress was very helpful and offered to change it, however, guess what the 2nd one was exactly the same, given that I had already sent he back for being brown you would have expected them to check it before sending out the 2nd one. They did eventually on the 3rd attempt give me one that was fresh. The rest of the food was ok but again not great.

Visited February 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very long wait”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

To be fair they did say when we went in it would be at least half an hour before our food would be ready and we could enjoy a few drinks. We ordered a cocktail each but it took almost half an hour to come. My frozen strawberry daiquiri was like a warm frothy mousse (see the picture) although my friend enjoyed hers. The food took an age to come and the bar staff were busy but one guy was cleaning cutlery whilst we were waiting for ages for a drink.

The food you couldn't fault, was plentiful and very tasty but being left for ages waiting for something to drink or any kind of service pulled it down. The food was pricey but like I said really nice, however the service and poor drink let it down.

• Visited September 2012