“Tasty food, lovely staff, lovely settings”
Review of Thairiffic

Thairiffic
Ranked #46 of 2,522 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Thairiffic, you'll find our modern take on traditional Thai cuisine. Not only do we offer classics like Pad Thai, Thai Green/Red Curry or even Tom Yum soup, but also truly authentic Thai dishes such as Spicy Mango Seabass, Yellow Powder Stir fry and Choo-Chi.
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I shared a mixed starter which was huge and great value! Fishcakes a real favourite. Came with lovely range of dipping sauces. Had a chicken curry with green beans which was gorgeous, mild but tasty with a subtle kick! Husband had jungle curry with king prawns, very spicy and he loved it! Prawn crackers gorgeous. Staff were apologetic for delay in food but we didn't feel there had been one! We will definitely return, maybe just share a normal starter next time as we just ate too much! Booked with 5pm for 15% off food deal.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Went tonight for the pre-theatre and was so impressed I had to write a review straight away.

The flavours where so fresh and the variety of dishes was impressive. Also the decor is very nice and the staff aree more than helpful. The pre theatre is very good value for money and the portion sizes where very generous.

Easily up there with the likes of Thai orchid but wins on price

1  Thank oblivion6
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Three of us visited for a £9.90 2 course pre-theatre on a Saturday night expecting the usual Westernised Thai restaurant with average food and tacky surroundings. We were pleasantly surprised as it turned out. The booking had already been dealt with by a very pleasant and efficient staff member who explained the latest times for the pre-theatre and this set the tone for the meal.

The location is excellent, in central Sauchiehall St, and I believe, used to be a Chinese restaurant at one time. Friendly, helpful and pleasant staff once again showed us to our table and greeted us with what I thought were genuine Thai smiles. As it was a pre-theatre the menu was not extensive but had enough choice for us to gauge the quality of the food. The chicken satay was perfect and the peanut sauce had just the right consistency. The other chicken starter (I forget the name) was also succulent and will be on my order when we return next week. The chicken mains, Penang, Red Curry and Stir Fried Ginger and Spring Onion were all met with a selection of positive noises and all three of us were suitably impressed. Singha ber was reasonable at £3.15 a bottle and the wine, which was surprisingly palatable, was £15 a bottle which is on a par for most restaurants these days. The decor is subtle with very few Thai artworks and knick knacks which is the opposite from some of the other Thai restaurants I've visited in the UK. They always say you can judge a kitchen's cleanliness by the quality of the toilets. Well, this kitchen must be immaculate as the toilets were spotless and fresh. Definitely 10/10 for them.

We spoke to the female owner and told her of our trips to Thailand and that this had the best food we'd tasted outside of Thailand. She seemed genuinely appreciative of our comments and took some time to talk to us. We left with smiling faces, relatively full wallets and a desire to return (my wife did return two days later) so all in all a great way to start the night.

I am usually very critical of Thia restaurants on review sites as they never achieve the true authentic Thai taste but this place does. Maybe I'll need another 3 or 4 sittings to check though! Well recommended.

1  Thank RockDinosaur666
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I went with a friend to Thariffic for a 2 course lunch and have since become hooked on Thai food! This was my first ever Thai food experience and I was thoroughly impressed. We went for the 2 course lunch for £9.90 offer and had Chicken Satay and the Massamun Curry. The curry was amazing and for that price, it was a very generous portion. The atmosphere is great with amazing decor and if like me, you like clean and modern surroundings then this is the place to be! The staff are nice and speak reasonable english and are not intrusive.
I shall definitely visit again!

1  Thank poppiedotdot
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I visited this little gem of a restaurant on a cold Monday night and left with broad smiles on her faces due to the outstanding food.

Neither of us would claim to be experts in Thai cuisine but have visited every Thai restaurant in Glasgow and Thairiffic is by far the best. Food amazing (my taste-buds are still singing), restaurant very modern & cosy, waiting staff attentive, helpful and courteous - special mention to Ming for her great service.

We shall be back very shortly and intend to work our way through the menu over the next few months.

Davie & Rosalind Knox