“Great wee place!”

Hyndland Cafe
Ranked #138 of 2,520 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: On 96 Clarence Drive in the West End of Glasgow. Fantastic breakfast and home baking served all day, every day! Sit-in/takeaway or delivery on a Sat/Sun 10-2pm. Amazing coffee/hot chocolate and smoothies! Free wi-fi.....Come on over!
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We've been going here for about 5 years now so have experienced it before and after the ownership change.

This place remains our 'go to' cafes in the area as we are always given excellent service and served excellent food.

1  Thank Quarky68
KimBisley, Owner at Hyndland Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Aw thank you so much for your lovely review. We really appreciate your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Have visited the cafe many times as live locally and always have a great experience. Most recently enjoyed tapas there and have to say not only was the food delicious and the service great but the value for money outstanding. Look forward to more visits!

Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Hynland Cafe whilst over in Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games. The tapas were fantastic especially the haloumi and chickpea stew, the sweet potato and lentil curry and the patatas bravas. Quite an unusual menu as it seems to be a breakfast cafe with lots of choice, but also lots of tapas choices. Very reasonably priced too. We took our kids and they really enjoyed trying lots of small dishes of prawns, squid, mushrooms. Our youngest was delighted to find they also served baked potato with tuna and cheese so everyone was happy! Lovely cakes and biscuits for desserts...the custard cream and the empire biscuit were really yummy. It's a BYO cafe which we hadn't realised but it didn't matter. Nice homemade smoothies made up for the lack of wine. Very friendly and helpful attentive staff made for a really great evening.

1  Thank jane w

So glad you enjoyed your tapas experience. It was lovely to see you back for breakfast shortly after this visit! We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit to the cafe this week. I woke up with a craving for American pancakes with yogurt and berries nah headed straight here, before setting off for more commonwealth games action. Although they usually serve the pancakes with bacon and syrup, my request was accommodated without hesitation. As I was on a tight schedule the food came out fast and was just what I wanted. What more can you ask for? They're thinking of putting it on the menu now!

Thank you so much for your review. I have requested that when our menus are reprinted this is added as I remember serving you and thought at the time it sounded delicious!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

First off I must say the food here is good, I've never had anything I could have reason to complain about and I've eaten here a lot! What I would say is that the customer service, particularly for take away orders, is just not what it used to be. Generally if I needed a takeaway order I would phone up before hand and arrange a time to come and collect the order. This never used to be a problem but over the past 3/4 months I turn up when I was told the food would be ready and I would have to wait a further 10 minutes while it was cooked - this is one of the most infuriating things ever. If I was told to come a few minutes later so that the food was actually ready, it wouldn't be a problem. The second issue I have begun to notice is that when paying for my order I have been almost (luckily I have realised before paying) overcharged 3 times. Obviously if it happens once it is just an accident but as its happened that many times over the past few months there is a bit of an issue.

As I said before, the food is good here and it has only been recently that I have started to experience problems with service. Prices have risen over the past year but are still reasonable. Sitting in for a meal is still great and I've never had any problems in that respect and would certainly recommend it. The addition of an outdoor seating area is also a great idea as it practically doubled the amount of seating which is great as there were only a few tables before so getting a seat could be a problem.

There seems to have been a bit of staff turnover recently so hopefully any problems are just a result of that.

2  Thank Ryan_Smyth

Thanks for your review. Im sorry you have encountered problems recently at the cafe so may I firstly apologise for that. We have had a few staff changes and it took a little longer for some to bed in than others. We feel that we have the mix again. Its sometimes hard to judge how long an order is going to take, and time it precisely so that the food isn't ready too far in advance of the customer arriving at the cafe especially at peak times at the weekend. Hopefully we have addressed that issue now and as ever, we endeavour to provide a great service for both sitting in and takeaway. We hope to see you again soon.