“Disappointing”

Hyndland Cafe
Ranked #176 of 2,430 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: On 96 Clarence Drive in the West End of Glasgow. Fantastic breakfast and home baking served all day, every day! Sit-in/takeaway or delivery on a Sat/Sun 10-2pm. Amazing coffee/hot chocolate and smoothies! Free wi-fi.....Come on over!
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Was looking forward to dropping into this cafe when time permitted and sadly thats what you need - time! The server is absolutely lovely and maybe they are still finding their feet (have a feeling they have recently taken it over) but the length of wait for two toasties was extraordinary! They did have a lot of people in for takeaways but even they waited an age. One poor guy stood waiting for at least 10 minutes before anyone served him as they were out the back for that time. Another guy came in from outside to find out what happened to his eggs benedict, again he waited longer than us. Anyway back to our meal, toasties shouldnt take long, 10 mins tops but we waited over half an hour and when they arrived, well...it wasnt bonny. The cheese was curdled, ham okay and mum's chicken was pre-cooked cubes so tasted cheap and grisley - it wasnt the nice roasted slices of breast off the bone that you would expect for a toastie costing nearly a fiver! The main problem though was the way it was made - seemed to have been fried on the one side only therefore inside had been untouched by any form of toaster or grill, so it was all a soggy mushy mess. Wee tip for the chef - just toast them on both sides! Must do better and I doubt we will be back. But maybe it was just a bad day in the office for them.

1 Thank dollydebs
KimBisley, Owner at Hyndland Cafe, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi. Firstly may I apologise for the delay in responding to your review. You are correct, the cafe has recently been taken over by Stewart and I. We are getting to grips with all aspects of running the cafe and one of my responsibilities is to manage Tripadvisor. We were disappointed to hear of your recent trip to the cafe and take all your points on board. May I take this opportunity to also apologise for the length of time you both waited and the quality of your meal. Can I assure you that we only use sliced cooked chicken breast in our sandwiches/toasties. It would have been diced in your toastie but that doesn't detract from the quality of your meal on that particular day. I would hope that you will come back to the cafe and give us a second chance to right things for you and perhaps the opportunity to write another review. Thank you for your feedback as it has also enabled Stewart to revise or staffing levels.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Another great wee breakfast!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Great simple food. Boiled eggs n soldiers. Free wifi. Busy with carry outs too. True character of west end.

1 Thank Gordonm2
KimBisley, Owner at Hyndland Cafe, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi Gordon, Stewart and I are the new owners of the cafe and we are just getting to grips with our TripAdvisor account. I just wanted to say thank you for both your positive reviews of the cafe in May and August. Please stop by again soon with your grandson and say hello! There's been a couple of wee tweaks to the menu and I'm sure he'd love some of our home baking or a delicious smoothie!
“All day breakfast !!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

If your in this part of Glasgow in fact even if your not head over here for an all day breakfast ,great value for money and delicious to boot ,lovely and clean ,great atmosphere and brill service ,what more could you want ? top marks from me

Visited August 2013
1 Thank David D
KimBisley, Owner at Hyndland Cafe, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. Stewart and I have just taken on the cafe and are working hard to build our new business. We were over the moon to receive your feedback. Thank you.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Relaxing little cafe with great tasting coffee”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I love this little cafe! Been a few times now and normally sit up at the window watching the world go by or outside if the sun is shining. The coffee tastes great, always a great vibe and good selection of food. The bagel, salmon and scrambled eggs was pretty tastey! The staff are welcoming and service pretty quick. Il be back!

Visited August 2013
KimBisley, Owner at Hyndland Cafe, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Stewart and I are the new owners of the cafe. Thank you so much for your positive review on our food and also our staff. Next time you are in the area, please pop in and sample our home baking to accompany your coffee. There's always a supply of newspapers and magazines for you to while away the time!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast in the west end!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were very lucky to get a booth as the cafe was very busy and takeaway orders were queued out the door. Ordered a smoothie for myself which was so fresh and ice cold. latte for husband and milkshakes for the kids. We had the all day breakfasts which was substantial and the stack of pancakes with maple syrup. To finish up we shared a slice of moist banana, walnut and fruit cake, thick with frosted icing. This was to die for!

2 Thank Yvonne0109
KimBisley, Owner at Hyndland Cafe, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review of the Hyndland Cafe. It's lovely to get such good feedback as Stewart and I are working hard to learn the ropes and make improvements where we can. I like the smoothies too, although I have to say the coffee isn't half bad! I have yet to master the designs on the froth!