Tripadvisor

Order Online
Ranked #318 of 2,826 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chaophraya Glasgow is Europe's largest Thai restaurant! Located just off Buchanan street opposite the church. Formerly the Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama, set over four floors the restaurant impressively blends contemporary Thai design with the characterful heritage surrounds. The fourth floor accommodates some of the best private dining & meeting space in the city, perfect for celebrations and events. Our owner and executive chef Kim has worked on an impressive menu including Thai classics and Thai re-imagined dishes including a wide range of vegan and vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Eaten here several times + as usual the food was delicious. However this time the service was disappointing even though the restaurant was relatively quiet. We were also told that we would receive 50% off but we didnt until we queried the bill and even then there were 'reasons' they could not honour the deal. Not like Chaophraya- disappointing.

Date of visit: January 2020
LM232013, Marketing at Chaophraya Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Khop Khun Kha (thank you) Karten c for taking the time to share your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed Khun Kim's authentic Thai dishes.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with the 50% off promotion, this does require pre-booking and is only valid Sunday to Thursday on tables of 6 or less. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please feel free to contact me directly on feedback@chaophraya.co.uk.

Chaophraya Glasgow

Write a reviewReviews (3,813)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been here a few times, first time commenting.
Stunning building, if you're a table for 2 ask for the purple chairs by the window.
Food fantastic, the only blip i can say is could you put some more garlic & spring onions on the side of noodles X
Will definitely be back.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for lovely review! We really appreciate your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed Khun Kim's Authentic Thai Dishes. I will certainly pass your comments to our kitchen staff.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Drinks at the Palm Sugar Lounge..... Always a favourite place for cocktails but think the change in staff (obviously happens everywhere) are letting it down... Not as professional as was

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear r0s62,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear that you did not fully enjoy your drinks experience. I will certainly inform management and ensure that more training is carried out for staff members. If you would like to further discuss your experience you can email us at feedback@chaophraya.co.uk.

Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've visited Chaoypraya several times and it never disappoints.. always good, friendly, efficient service and the food is consistently delicious.... Our favourite Thai restaurant

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Sawasdee Kha (hello) Albafree,

Thank you kindly for your 5 star review! We really appreciate you comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed the food as well as the service provided by our staff! I will inform them of your positive feedback.

Again, thank you kindly and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Awesome food, poor service.

Can’t fault the food, however when the service is this poor it ruins the enjoyment.

Hi Kevin S,

Khop Khun Ka (Thank you) for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed Khun Kim's Authentic Thai Dishes; however, I understand service was not up to your expectations. I am extremely disappointed to hear this but I appreciate your comment as it allows us to improve in future. I will certainly ensure that further training is provided to staff members.