“Average food nice interior design”
Review of Chaophraya Glasgow

Order Online
Ranked #304 of 2,891 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chaophraya Glasgow is Europe's largest Thai restaurant! Located just off Buchanan street opposite the church. Formerly the Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama, set over four floors the restaurant impressively blends contemporary Thai design with the characterful heritage surrounds. The fourth floor accommodates some of the best private dining & meeting space in the city, perfect for celebrations and events. Our owner and executive chef Kim has worked on an impressive menu including Thai classics and Thai re-imagined dishes including a wide range of vegan and vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food is average it was not the best Thai food I’ve ever had but by no means the worst! The ambience and interior design of the restaurant is lovely, it’s a bit pricey but overall it was an okay experience

Date of visit: June 2019
LM232013, Manager at Chaophraya Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Khun S0gannd for taking the time to share your review with us. We take great pride in providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests, and it is a pleasure to hear this was the case on your visit.

I am disappointed to hear that the food was no up to our usual high standards on your visit, I will be sure to share your comments with the kitchen staff.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kindf Regards,
Chaophraya Glasgow

Write a reviewReviews (3,724)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The surroundings are very nice but the food was a little disappointing. Portions are small, considering the price, and the duck on my duck salad was chewy and overly salty.

Sawasdee Kha (Hello) Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to share this honest review with us. We do take great pride in serving Khun Kim's authentic Thai dishes and I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet these high standards on this occasion. We do take all feedback very seriously and I will be sharing your comments with our team to help us improve. We do hope that we can welcome you back again, please feel free to contact me directly at feedback@chaophraya.co.uk so we can ensure that everything is to the correct standards.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Restaurant beautiful lift out of order however not a issue with buggy staff provided safe place to store it. Staff very attentive and food was Devine. Hope to come back to try an evening meal restaurant make for lovely romantic date night

Date of visit: August 2019

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us Jmc2912. We take great pride in our food and customer service and I am so pleased to hear that these were key highlights!

We cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The building itself is very beautiful inside very opulent and decadent and quiet surreal, the afternoon tea was ok I've had far better elsewhere and the portion sizes where slightly too small for my liking, the hot food (what there was of it) was tasty and cooked perfectly, the unlimited tea/coffee was also appreciated, the lift not working was a nightmare for my elderly mother but we did manage to get there eventually. The reason I've not given this 3 stars ( i've given 4) which I feel is justified for the afternoon tea is because of the lovely serving staff, the staff where excellent, professional, courteous, friendly, you should be proud to have staff with such excellent customer service skills looking after your customers.

Date of visit: August 2019

Khop Khun Kha (thank you) Glasgow95 for taking the time to share your review with us. I am disappointed to hear that you found the portion sizes and the variety for the Afternoon tea to be of a low standard, I will be sure to share your feedback with our menu development team.

We are delighted to hear you found the service to be excellent, we take great pride in providing Ha Dao (5* service) to all of our guests. I cannot wait to share your lovely comments with the team.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent meal in beautiful surroundings... a little expensive but I must say worth it! Very attentive staff and wonderful to see the chefs cooking

Date of visit: November 2018

Khop Khun Kha (thank you) IsobelP_12 for taking the time to share your review with us. We are honoured to hear that the food and service were key highlights on your visit, we take a lot of pride in serving Khun Kim's traditional Thai dishes and providing Ha Dao (5* service) to all of our guests.

I look forward to sharing your thoughts with the team and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,