“Bland and tasteless”

Cook & Indi's World Buffet
Ranked #585 of 2,559 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: At Cook and Indi's World Buffet we present to you, the 'World on a plate'. We let you travel the world through your taste buds, exploring an extensive choice of flavours and having the option to indulge in whatever style of food you desire! With a variety of dishes ranging from pizza to pastas, starters to salads, sushi to noodles, pakoras to curries; the Cook and Indi's World Buffet lets you enjoy the delicacies from around the world. With an amazing in-house service by extremely experienced staff and live cooking action; we make sure to delight you with an incredible food journey around the world.
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Bland, tasteless and just about everything watered down. The chinese curry sauce was so watered down it had no taste. Even the cocktails were obviously watered down. would not recomend and will not return.

2  Thank leajo
BISWAJIT2222, General Manager at Cook & Indi's World Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear guest
thanks for your feedback .I feel sorry if something is not comes up on your expectation label. I am just wondering we have around 55 to 60 curry in our buffet and I am not very convinced how everything can be water down secondly if you do not like certain food or curry you have so many other things to choose like( Indian ,Chinese ,Italian ,Maxican ,Spanish,tandoor).thirdly all cocktails need to go very stick quality controll check before reaching to customer and all bartender are bound to follow standard recipy.
Hopefully I have try to make our side of the story clear to you,if you have any question please do not hesitate to call me on 07701050917.

thanking you

Reviewed May 6, 2014

A good selection of food, Chinese, Italian, Indian, Mexican etc. Good quality at a decent price.

Worth a visit

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I viewed the reviews here before trying and I left amazed at the blandness of the whole experience!! We are all different I suppose. The menu online did not reflect the Buffett. Ie. no chicken tikka or chat. The spare ribs were the toughest I've ever tried. They kept running out of some foods and only very slowly replaced their dishes. I saw the same dried up bits of pizza from the start until we left. The Chinese options were awful and the Indian dishes were tasteless. The pakora sauce was bitter. The burger buns were so dried up that they just broke up when you held them. Just as we'll as the burgers looked grey and dry. The kids took one bite and left the rest. Despite this it is quite popular? Looking around at some of the clientele reminded me of the waiting area in accident and emergency on a Saturday night! Not for me I'm afraid. There are so many better places which would not be hard!

1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Went for a pre Kings Theatre meal. Pleasant seating area and HUGE choice. Took starters of various pakoras with spicy onions and chefs special sauce which was delicious. Then sampled some of the chinese mains - stir fried veg, chicken curry n rice fried veg. Sampled the lamb curry mains with boiled rice. Helped ourselves to varied ices which were good to cool the tastebuds after the over spicy hot curries. - I normally like curries fairly hot but they were too chillied for me and lacking much flavour. Probably wont go back as there are many good eateries in the area>

1  Thank jonnigeeGlasgow
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was a very enjoyable family meal. A great selection of delicious food. Very clean and comfortable. Staff were very efficient and helpful. We had our 2 year old son with us, very family friendly. Will definately go back. Great value for money too

1  Thank Janet M