“Great pub experience”

Blackfriars
Ranked #242 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We serve what we love - quality beers from around the world and high-calibre home-cooking. We also have a passion for live music and regularly play host to some of the most talented bands in Scotland (and occasionally from farther afield). But most importantly, we believe in a high standard of customer service - a welcoming atmosphere, attentiveness and of course, getting your pint in a timely manner (we know you're thirsty)!
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very casual and friendly mood, mostly locals enjoying an evening out. The very helpful waiter made a good recommendation of beverages to go with my steak and ale pie, and let me taste a selection of beers before deciding. The place seems to hold concerts, beer tastings, and the like often, and the walls were covered in posters for previous and upcoming events. I will certainly visit again next time I visit Glasgow.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

staff very helpful my wife ordered a chicken dish and was told it would be 25 mins as it was made from scratch- well worth the wait the food was excellent as was the choice of beers and all reasonably priced for a city centre pub

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went in here with some mates for a few drinks. I've got to say that this place has a fantastic atmosphere. As they say, first impressions last and a great welcome from the girl on the door. Great variety of beers and great service. Can't be faulted.
Never a hint of bother as you can see this is a well run classic Glasgow pub. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

A group of four of us tried to get in on Sat evening, but were told brusquely that no more large groups were allowed in, when did four become a large group......happily crossed the road to O'Neills where our money was more than welcome. We are four guys in our 50s who were looking for somewhere with a bit of atmosphere, Blackfriars now off our list of places to go as a result of the rude way we were treated

2  Thank Grahamb2105
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The server brought us samples of the ale on tap to try before we ordered our pints, all of which were fabulous. To eat on our first visit, I had the haggis gateau, which I enjoyed tremendously. On our second visit, i had steak, which was great. the sticky toffee pudding was one of the best we've had so far. Service and atmosphere were wonderful.