“What Can You Really Say Wrong!”
Review of The Carbeth Inn - CLOSED

The Carbeth Inn
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The carbeth inn was built in 1816. We serve traditional pub food . Log burning fires in the winter and a fabulous beer garden in the summer
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Especially in the summer I have experienced the carbeth in full swing of bikers and I've never had a problem being served or attended too. It's never changed in the seldom times I have visited over the past 12 years the food is great, the staff is pleasant and the atmosphere is homely a true Scottish pit stop which I will be returning to very soon.

2  Thank Michelle O

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nae food!!!!Had spent lovely day in the hills near Aberfoyle and drove back to this usual half way point to home. Had reasonable meal here before.... it was not latew, being around 5 o'clock.... but told ... rather curtly by barmaid.... there's no food!!! Not nice. hence humph.... if this is redeemable, please let us know.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had the same experience as Glaswegian60. A sign outside the pub announces 'Food served all day'. Inside there are crisps and nuts and only a limited selection of even these.

Apparently food is not served in the 'winter'. Their web site is useless in terms of giving information. I will not be planning a walk that takes in the Carbeth Inn in future, as it is impossible to determine the availability of food in advance.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

remember going to the Carbeth Inn when i was a lot younger, the food was always good and tasted nice, went last year with family and the food was terrible, my burger was like a frozen burger you would buy out of a cheap frozen food shop, their burgers used to be home made and tasted like a proper burger, felt embarrassed as had family with me visiting from Abroad, the bill was not cheap as well, the manager was very chatty to all customers who came into the restaurant but come on,,,spend some more time improving ur food,,,,, total tourist trap, such a shame,,,will return for a drink but no food!!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We parked our car bout half a mile north of Milngavie Town Centre and joined the West Highland Way at the River Allander. We'd follow it for about three miles then take the right of way past Carbeth House and through the community of huts.
At the Inn we were greeted by their welcoming sign "Food served all day".
Inside it was warm if a little grubby. I crossed to the bar and ordered two diet colas. Did they have menus? NO! They were not serving food today.
We sat in a corner and sipped our colas with the packets of crisps and nuts we had bought in place of the lunch we'd planned to enjoy. Others came in and got the same response.
No apology was given and no explanation offered.
I'd seriously recommend that you plan to walk somewhere else for lunch or, if you are passing, drive on to a more reliable place to stop.

1  Thank Glaswegian60