“Fantastico”

Bella Vita
Ranked #5 of 2,521 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Whether you are celebrating a special occasion, enjoying dinner with friends or planning an intimate meal for two - our welcoming friendly staff provide a warm and cosy atmosphere for you to enjoy authentic Italian wines and cuisine. With an extensive menu on offer and an excellent range of wines to complement your meal, why not call in or contact us to make a reservation, and you could enjoy great tasting food, at reasonable prices, with your friends or loved ones.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Got a takeaway from this little gem of a place . Was great service took 10 minutes at most . Food was great we had 2 pizza 2 pasta n bruschetta everything was fresh and really tasty . Staff really welcoming this is now my local takeaway and best place to eat on the southside by far :)) will b back to sit in and takeaway :))

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Having passed this restaurant many times in the course of my work I was struck by it always looking busy at lunch and evening times but as i come from East Kilbride never gave it much thought to try it out, BIG MISTAKE! What a great night I had with my family after I decided to book a table of 8 for my sons 18th birthday, we were pampered from the moment we went in until we eventually left ( last ones anywhere we go ). The food was fabulous, every one of us agreed that it was as good as we have tasted in any Italian restaurant, I had Sea Bass and requested a spicy spaghetti as an alternative to the potato's and veg on the menu, it was the manager who was serving our table and I was expecting the response I get from a lot of places, that they are too busy to make changes, well not even a hint that it would be a problem, the big smiling guy took the order then came back to ask how spicy I wanted it, FIRST CLASS SERVICE from a really genuine bloke. We all ate till we were ready to drop, had a few bottles of wine and beers which were very reasonably priced compared to some places we have visited and we were ready to leave. I asked the manager if he would call us a taxi which he did but not before he offered us a complimentary limoncello which was gratefully accepted and we were then introduced to the chef who as I said earlier is the owner, a very decent bloke who spent his time chatting to us about his business and where he comes from in Italy, a really witty and interesting guy. We have already booked again for this weekend, few other restaurants we have been to offers the same friendly atmosphere as this place, our night out was reasonable on my wallet including our taxi from and back to E.K. We will be regular patrons from now on!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We visitied the restaurant on an evening during the week during a burst of lovely weather. We were a party of six and the restaurant was busy that evening. We all had starters and mains and whilst most of us had to remain on soft drinks for work one of our party was lucky enough to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine. Price came to £90 each so price wise it is good and that was the a la carte menu.

In terms of the quality of food it wasnt great. We had a range of dishes from brushetta, prawns, pasta and also pollo milanese type dish. None of the meals stood out or did we find to be gorgeous we all felt we could have rustled up the same quality at home. Because the restaurant was busy we struggled to get the attention of any waiters who rushed about around us and didnt pay that much attention at times. On top of this after our mains we were asked if we would mind moving to another table which was smaller. We hadnt taken a long time to eat so there wasnt a reason giving for this. We were offered complimentary limoncello but was not something any of the party were interested in. If the manager cannot organise bookings to allow diners to enjoy then he needs to address this. This is not a request which is acceptable when your out for dinner. Overall I'm left thinking we would probably not return here sadly and thats mainly due to disappointing food!!!!

2  Thank Linsay W
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a fabulous restaurant. It provides good value for good food, in a busy and friendly atmosphere! Well worth a visit either for pre theatre or a la carte it's all good prices and food is very tasty. It's best to phone ahead and book though to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

A reasonably priced, tasty and fun Italian restaurant in Cardonald!

Cannot fault this restaurant at all. Prices are fantastic, especially the early evening menu. Food is always fresh and piping hot. The pictures on the wall and the chirpy waiters/waitresses give this restaurant a little bit of charm that's missing from so many Glasgow Italian restaurants.

One tip to diners - book in advance. This place is always busy!

The take-away pizzas are great too!