“Foods fantastic would recommend”
Review of La Vida

La Vida
Ranked #1,402 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: New Tapas Restaurant that has opened within the restaurant area of the 1901 Pub in the southside of Glasgow
panda in paisley
“Foods fantastic would recommend”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Went with a groupon voucher and after speaking to the manager we returned after a mix up with the booking.
Unfortunately he wasn't working that night to see the stress the staff was under. They struggled to cope with demand and they accepted a few walkin's.
I was really surprised to hear they did not have any rose wine at 6pm on a Saturday night. The bar next door didn't have any either. I had to ask for water and rolls and the sangria was a bit weak but my complaints stop here.
The food we got was a 2 course with a glass of champagne.
Starter was jalapeño peppers stuffed with cheese and deep fried superb. I had chicken strips with a sauce that was too hot for me.
Main course we both had rump steak which was fantastic with a blue cheese sauce which was in a small jug. Husband enjoyed sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. Tried a small bit and I could have finished the lot.
Overall staff needs a well done pat on the back including the chef. Look forward to going back.

• Visited August 2013

Paisley, United Kingdom
“Love it!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I first went to la vida as a birthday treat from my sister in may this year. She wanted to do something different and I was looking forward to my first experience of tapas. I absolutely loved it, the food is absolutely delicious and I really enjoyed the atmosphere too. The service is rather slow as others have said, I myself enjoy a slower pace when eating, i enjoy having the time to talk and enjoy the food without being rushed however if a slower pace doesn't suit you, you might find yourself a bit frustrated. We have been back several times since our first visit and enjoy sampling new things from the menu. I don't enjoy seafood so choose other options, but there is something to suit everyone. Would highly recommend. We normally go on a Thursday night as they do a fiesta night that's slightly cheaper and is normally not as busy as he weekend. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Having eaten more tapas in my time than I care to remember, the choice and value here was excellent. Staff were very friendly. Really enjoyed it and will be back

Visited July 2013
glasgow
“Pass the Tapas”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

First time visit to this lovely restaurant. Couldn't really decide where to eat and plumped for this bar restaurant at lunchtime on 28 June 2013. Special offer 3 tapas with a glass of house wine £9.95. There is also an extended bar menu, with everything from fish and chips to tacos. Surroundings were comfortable, staff despite the fact that there were only to attending tables, were efficient, polite and the service was reasonably quick. Certainly would give it another visit, perhaps in the evening.

• Visited June 2013
Glasgow
“La Vida - good”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband for a voucher from Wowcher it was for 2 tapas, paella and a jug of sangria. I was dreading going as I have never had tapas and thought paella was all seafood (which I don't eat). We booked a table for 7.30pm on a Saturday night and when we arrived the waiter told us they were busy, not a problem we were not in a hurry. We were brought a basket of bread with oil and a jug of water and then kind of left, the service was slow but eventually they came and took our order, husband has mussels and I had beef with pepper sauce as the tapas and we ordered the chicken and beef paella and asked for our Sangria, it took them about 20 mins to bring the Sangria. When the food arrived I was really surprised and it was out of this world, my husband loves mussels and asked the waitress to give his compliments to the chef, my beef tapas was lovely also. The paella was massive and we could not finish it and as it was so good we asked if we could take it home and this was parceled up for us. All in all it was a good night and the good was great, I think they need to improve a bit on the service though

• Visited May 2013