“Wonderful! Come here for a delicious tea experience”

Cup Tea Lounge Glasgow
Ranked #1 of 46 Dessert in Glasgow
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Step back to the Victorian interior of this stunning building and enjoy the comfortable furnishings, great service. We offer a selection of 40 hand blended teas, afternoon tea and the best desserts in the City.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Loved the building (ex Bank of India listed building with wonderful tiles and chandeliers) service excellent and prompt. Such a variety of teas to choose from (try the Chiili and Chocolate tea or the Tablet tea!)The hpme-baked rolls, scones and variety of cakes plentiful and filling-the cinnamon cream a taste experience! All the staff friendly and helpful and you will leave absolutely full with your remaining food in little bags!
The best place ever to have tea!

1  Thank Gerry C
There are newer reviews for Cup Tea Lounge Glasgow

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Love this place and been several times now. The building is beautiful and the furnishings very comfortable and help you relax immediately.

The variety of teas is excellent and I am working my way through the list. Cranachan is the favourite so far but to be honest everything is good.

Breakfast is a treat as well and I have enjoyed an excellent eggs benedict and beautifully freshly baked scones in the past.

The staff are exceptionally friendly and attentive and always take time to explain if required.

I have seen the place completely empty and totally packed out. On both occasions the atmosphere is still good and this is entirely down to the layout and general feel of the building.

A place to return to, often!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Oh my goodness what a lovely quaint place for dessert.. We arrived here after a meal out in glasgow. Away from all the madness of town on a saturday night this little place couldnt have been any more of a delight..to get parked we had to keep going round a few times and eventually got parked outside.. Let me tell you it was worth the hassle the staff are so lovely and friendly and a few glasses of bubbly and amazing dessert later, 3 very satisfied customers... I have booked to go back for afternoon tea with my daughter..

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've been here on 2 occasions for lunch, once was a sedate affair mid week and once on a bust Saturday afternoon. The service is always good, the place has a real authentic feel, it's calm and quiet, a good respite from Glasgow's busy streets. The drinks menu is extensive there a lots of teas to choose from but not being a tea drinker this was a bit lost on me, there a juices, wines, bubbly, something for every occasion. The afternoon tea is really fab it comes served on a 3 tiered plate with something delicious on every tier. Otherwise the menu is ok there are a selection of sandwiches the paninis are ok but nothing special. The breakfast menu eggs benedict etc looks good it's a shame that's not available later in the day. If looking for lunch central Glasgow would happily go back.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Came across this tea room by accident one afternoon when we were walking towards Buchanan Street looking for somewhere to have a coffee and discovered a real gem. It is a lovely old building nicely decorated with tiles. The staff were very friendly and the service was prompt. We decided on tea rather than coffee as they have such a great menu of different teas and both the ones that we had were good. As for the cupcakes - delicious. My husband had a fresh carrot cake one which was really good and I opted for the Cupcake Sampler which consisted of 3 mini cupcakes - one carrot cake, one chocolate and one strawberry, all excellent. For the two pots of tea and the cakes our bill was £11.45. Will definitely recommend to any of our friends visiting Glasgow.