“Almost perfect”

Cup Tea Lounge Glasgow
Ranked #1 of 46 Dessert in Glasgow
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Step back to the Victorian interior of this stunning building and enjoy the comfortable furnishings, great service. We offer a selection of 40 hand blended teas, afternoon tea and the best desserts in the City.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Cup Tea Lounge is great for an afternoon tea and the best eggs benedict I have had. The staff are all lovely and are very attentive. We booked afternoon tea for my daughters 10th birthday and the only reason I havent given them a 5 rating is when i booked it more than 10 days in advance and asked for raspberry jelly for the girls and was promised it they didn't deliver on the day even though I had called that morning to check my booking and remind them.

• Visited April 2013

“Best cupcakes and service in Glasgow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have visited both Cup on Byres Road and Cup Tea Lounge many times and I just can't rave enough about it. The service is impeccable and each time I have seen the owner he has been very welcoming and friendly. The manageress, Sukhy I think her name is, is a delight to chat to and always goes out her way to make customers feel welcome.

The ambience in Cup tea lounge is sophisticated and elegant. I like that you can't hear any noise from the kitchen and overall the atmosphere is very relaxing! Decor is stunning also.

Cupcakes are iced perfectly and taste great, especially the strawberry one! I also recommend the apple and cinnamon scone with cream and jam, yum. I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about this place. Looking forward to booking another visit very soon!

• Visited March 2013
Glasgow
“Mmmm !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visited cup for my husband's Birthday and thoroughly enjoyed it. The cupcakes were lovely. There was so much choice we didn't know what to choose. I had white chocolate hot chocolate and the apple crumble and custard cupcake and they were both lovely. The staff were friendly and attentive. Cup has unusual cakes and drinks and is a winner with us, we will definitely be back and would reccommend to our friends and family.

1 Thank Blueblood71
Pemberton, Canada
“Wonderful afternoon tea at Cup tea lounge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I am writing this review mainly to thank the staff for making us so welcome, comfortable and well-fed in Cup Tea Louge yesterday. I arranged for a group of 13 of us (all girls ranging from 26 to 60) to have afternoon tea as a hen do for my friend who is getting married this weekend. I booked and paid a deposit in advance. We were seated at a long table in the stage area to the left of the entrance - we had this area to ourselves virtually the whole time.

Apart from two, everyone opted for the prosecco afternoon tea - the prosecco arrived first, followed by tiered trays of scrummy sandwiches and a selection of beautiful litte cakes, tarts and biscuits. Mini scones followed and were served warm, and the price also included coffee/tea/hot chocolate (with optional marshmallows!) when we were ready.

The main highlights for us were:
- The decor - it's a lovely building and has been nicely done up and furnished.
- Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. We spent about four hours there and, as it was a quiet Thursday afternoon the staff were happy for us to sit and fetched teas and coffees and more prosecco as we asked.
- The scones - just lovely, particularly the warm cinnamon ones smothered in cream and jam
- The little cakes - perfectly portioned so that you felt you could try the whole range of cakes without being overfaced by giant wedges of gateaux!

And for all the leftovers they provide little doggy bags so that you can take the rest home for your husband/children/dog (or for you to enjoy later!)

Finally, the price is extremely reasonable for such a lovely venue and a really good, fresh, tasty afternoon tea.

Thanks for looking after us - it was absolutely delightful. I will be back, as will most of the group that were with me!

Also seems appropriate to mention that one of our party enjoyed it so much that she popped back in later to purchase a gift voucher to give a friend as a present!

1 Thank jensherry
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“relaxing cocktails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My friends and I had lovely cocktails in this beautiful building which used to be Bank of India. Apart from having wonderful cocktails, best Mojito ever, the ambience was so relaxing with comfy sofas and chairs and very pleasant, efficient staff. They also do to die for cupcakes!
Will definately go back.