“Excellent Afternoon Tea!”

Cup Tea Lounge Glasgow
Ranked #1 of 46 Dessert in Glasgow
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Step back to the Victorian interior of this stunning building and enjoy the comfortable furnishings, great service. We offer a selection of 40 hand blended teas, afternoon tea and the best desserts in the City.
Scotland, Maryland
“Excellent Afternoon Tea!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I went here for my birthday and I had an itison voucher for Afternoon Tea at £25. We were booked in for 4pm and upon arrival was greeted by a pleasant member of staff who directed us to our table. The atmosphere was lovely, especially because it was Christmas, the decorations were very fancy and appealling.

We were asked if we wanted tea/coffee and the champagne to be brought out altogether, which we agreed on. However, when the food came out, as a previous reviewer pointed out "The scones were still cooking in the oven and would take 10-15 minutes". Alright, fair enough.

We waited for the scones to arrive and busied ourselves in conversation and drinking champagne. The staff were not intrusive or unfriendly at all and I do believe I did get a little drunk but staff were still polite and helpful. During the evening they even turned the lights which was an excellent add-on to the atmosphere. Also, I did notice that the male staff members are actually more attentive compared to some of the female staff members.

Overall, a great experience, but the food was slightly not up to scratch and the service is a bit on the slow side. Also, I had previously told them during the day of booking that it was my birthday that day and that the voucher stated to tell staff members. I had been expecting some form of celebration but guess I was forgotten. Oh well, no big loss for me.

Rating: 4/5.

• Visited December 2012

UK
“Cup Tea Lounge hype..disappointing”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I booked afternoon tea using a voucher and was really looking forward to the experience as I had heard many raves and reviews about the food and the service of Cup Tea. However, after my experience I would like to be honest and give my opinion.

The staff were friendly and nice however I found to be slightly disorganised. We were served by different members of staff each time which made the experience less personal. This was the start of confusion as we ordered tea with one member of staff, waited at least 20 minutes before another member of staff came to ask again if we wanted drinks. The order obviously had not been taken note of.

The tea was also not served at the same time as the cake tier was brought out. We found the cake tier to be missing some baked goods -we were advised these were still in preparation and not ready. To be honest, I would prefer if the tier was not brought out at all if food was not fully ready.

Other than that, the rest of the hour was nice and I must say the atmosphere was great. However, I would not pay full price as I have experienced much better afternoon tea at a much more competitive price.

I really expected to be swept off my feet but I was most disappointed.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Afternoon at Cup”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently organised an afternoon tea hen party at Cup Renfield Street for 25 of my friends and family. I had been to Cup previously and loved the decor and the food so decided this would be perfect and I was right.
The staff at Cup from the time I made the booking until we left that day were so helpful and couldnt do enough for us despite the fact the tearoom was very busy that day.
The service and food was fantastic and it really made the day more enjoyable and put everyone at ease as the staff were so great.

I would recommend this to anyone whether you are popping in for tea or a cocktail or organising a private party, it really is one of the best venues in Glasgow!
Thanks again to the team at Cup!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“An excellent place to take a wee break from the hustle and bustle of the city.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Been here twice, so far anyway, and the service on both occasions was impeccable. On my first visit I had a cupcake and a white hot chocolate - very satisfying for around a fiver.

On the second visit though I decided to splurge a little and boy was it worth it.A tasty raspberry cocktail, though small was a wonderful mix of flavours without being too overpoweringly alcoholic. A little surprise, before dessert we were brought a little melon palate cleanser shot, very tasty and refreshing. The sticky toffee pudding came with it's own little chemistry set of taste wonders - caramel ice cream, hot butterscotch sauce in the cutest little teapot and finally butterscotch foam which tasted just like tablet. It was immense. My friends dessert a chocolate torte thing looked equally amazing, kind enough to give me a bit of the chocolatey honey comb bits that came with I can report that it was amazing.

Not wanting the evening to end we decided to take some cupcakes home with us. They survived the trip, thanks to the cute little presentation box and provided a wonderful end to a great evening.

All in all this is a great little place whether you're looking for a coffee and super tasty cupcake for around a fiver or really treating yourself. I have yet to partake of the offerings of breakfast or actual food but if they are prepared with as much love and attention as the desserts or cupcakes then they're sure to be equally wonderful. From an afternoon tea to an after dinner treat this place is the business.

1 Thank michelle_mod
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went for afternoon tea today and had a lovely time with 3 friends. One of the party was lactose intolerant and that was not a problem for the staff. The staff were friendly and very attentive.
Would highly recommend this place and the decor is stunning too.