“Glasgow Hen Do”

The Spires Serviced Suites
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Glasgow Hen Do”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Me and 8 other girls stayed in the penthouse apartments. They were perfect. Modern, clean, spacious and also connected via the veranda which was perfect. Every room was a good size double and had it's own ensuite and there was also a main bathroom in each apartment. There was absolutely nothing we could ahve complained about and the staff were really friendly and helpful too . I'd definitely recommend these apartments.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
TheSpiresManagement, Manager at The Spires Serviced Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Penthouse.
I’ve passed your positive comments onto the housekeepers and front office staff as it’s always nice to hear.
Many Thanks,
Louise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I hired 3 rooms (slept 18) for 16 girls for my sisters hen party. Brilliant location, extremely helpful staff before our arrival and during our visit! I highly recommend the spires!

Great power shower. Comfy beds! Even the living room couch beds were great. Very clean rooms & kitchen. Even though we only stayed 1 night, I regretted now booking the full weekend.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m glad you and your sister and the rest of your group enjoyed your night. I’m also glad to hear there was plenty of help and information given to you in advance of your stay as well as during it as good communication is very important to ensure our guests have a great stay with us.
Hopefully you will come back and stay with us again and remember to book 2 nights!

Many Thanks,
Louise
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our family had a great stay at the The Spires, City centre in Glasgow.
Very friendly and accommodating staff - made our stay easy to plan
the vacation and execute the itinerary we wanted to fit in for our 10 day stay.
Apt was perfect for our family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 adult daughters.
Having 2 bathrooms was the greatest as it was 1 male vs 3 females.
Location very handy to all amenities for walking to shop, site see and eating out.
Glasgow City Centre has great bus and taxi services.
Lots of night life to choose from.

Only downfall was the noisey bars in the neighbourhood - one or more
on each side of our apt. This can't be helped if you want a hotel handy
to everything and in a place where you don't need a vehicle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We (6 classy girls late 20's....in my case 30!!) booked the 3 bedroom apartment on the 7th floor for 1 night and were pleasantly surprised. The apartment was fantastic and had a great view, the rooms were a fair size and very clean. I had a slight issue with the shower door in the master bedroom (it kept coming off the runner even with gentle movements) and the spot light above the shower wasn't working. Aside from this it was a really good night and the beds were comfortable. We never had any issues with the noise.... but to those complaining, what do you expect from apartments within throwing distance of clubs and bars in a city.
I had a few questions and requests before our stay and the girl I spoke to (Laura) was friendly and quick to help/reply.
I would definitely recommend The Spires to any country bumpkins like ourselves who can't afford/be bothered with extortionate taxi fares home from a night out in Glasgow.
I will use them again for sure! :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed April 11, 2013

rooms are a great size, we had two double bedrooms and a sofa bed in living room. Place was clean and tidy. However the street was extremely loud late at night with people living bars etc. all we could hear for a number of hours from 1am was shouting and swearing. Also the sofa bed was not fit for purpose. This spoilt the stay which was a shame as very central and very nice staff.

• Stayed April 2013
Aberdeen
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights recently.

The apartments have all amenities you need. They are clean and decorated well. A breakfast box is delivered each day with more food than you could eat. A good selection of items. I would say they were compact but well designed. Much more comfortable than a hotel room at the same rate.

Ny only complaint is that I arrived after 7pm and the reception was closed. I was not warned of this but booked via an agent. Please beware. I had to call an expensive 0845 number from my mobile
several times before I got a call back. I was left standing out in the snow.

Great location for me. Two minutes from lots of resteraunts in the Merchant City and the same distance from M & S and two other supermarkets if you want to eat in the apartment. They will also hold onto your luggage on the day of departure.

My only other recommendation for the apartments would be to provide free wifi and an I pod doc to allow you to listen to music. These things are provided free if charge in many other places I have stayed.

I will definitely recommend and will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 months as part of a secondment for our company and it was a really nice home away from home. The staff were friendly and always helpful and the room was nicely furnished and modern. Also since we werent from Glasgow the location was very central to everything we needed. If we come back to Glasgow we will definately request to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business